Chapter Three

CW: no warnings (if there are any comment what it is)
Word Count: 1400
Character Count (no spaces): 6043

CW: no warnings (if there are any comment what it is)Word Count: 1400Character Count (no spaces): 6043

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited By: bestyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

LEARNING ABOUT THE COUNCILS plans for my twenty-fifth birthday has me tense

LEARNING ABOUT THE COUNCILS plans for my twenty-fifth birthday has me tense. Danny would generally be the person I turn to for a restless mind, but seeing as he was one who delivered the agitating news it's out of the question.

Only one other person with whom I could trust sharing my deepest thoughts: Ellie.

But she was still working. Assisting the maids and butlers with the last of the evening chores. I would have to request her company for the night. Exiting my chambers, I locate the nearest butler and ask him to send for Ellie. "Yes, your highness, for anything in particular?"

Don't be suspicious, mm don't be suspicious.

"I'd like some fresh towels. From Eleanor only." My pompous tone will ensure Ellie brings them. Having people listen to you is a nice benefit to being a prince.

I return to my chambers before the butler can confirm my request. Sitting by the window, I wait, getting lost in my head.

A light knock on the door makes me jump. "Come in." I relax my face, brow hurting from being pulled into a frown.

The large doors crack open and Ellie enters the room. Her hand is wrapped from where she'd been burned earlier in the day, and her skin is dull. She looks tired. "You needed new towels, your highness? Shall I put them in the warmer so they're ready for you?" Ellie's walls are up, and she is treating me with the utmost respect.

Disgusting.

"No. No, thank you. There's no need; they're not for the shower. And it's just us, so you can call me Arny. No one's going to scold you." I give her my best reassuring smile, but I'm sure it looks more like a grimace. Shaking my head, I leave the window and take the towels from her. Tucking them under one arm, I take Ellie's unburned hand and lead her through the bathroom, to the mudroom, then outside into the gardens.