Chapter Nine

CW: no warnings (if there are any comment what it is)
Word Count: 1403
Character Count (no spaces): 6089

CW: no warnings (if there are any comment what it is)Word Count: 1403Character Count (no spaces): 6089

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited By: besyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

THE LAST SIX MONTHS have been utter torture

THE LAST SIX MONTHS have been utter torture. I mope about the palace, only to be lectured by my mother on keeping face.

How can I force a smile when all anybody discusses is the wedding? As soon as possible, they said. You'll be married before Winter, they said.

And too soon has it come to pass. Six months of trying to find a way to bring Ellie back.

Six months of trying to worm my way out of the engagement with Princess Lilianna.

Six months of ignoring Danny as he tries to tell me Ellie is safe at Phantom Manor.

She isn't safe enough until she's back in my embrace.

The bells sing. It's time for the wedding. My plans to get Ellie back are falling apart by the second.

Taking my place at the altar, I await my bride. Velvety robes drape over my back in a blood red cape. It's been embroidered with cotton blossoms and the yarns shine under the twinkling lights. It's been tied to my black vest, embroidery along the collar and the centre. A red jacket is layered beneath the vest, and a white button up beneath that. The white shirt frills of the collar and cuffs stick out from my sleeves and cape. Deep red, corduroy pants tuck into leather boots matching the vest. I've a crown on my head and am dripping with jewels around my neck and cuffed around my ears.

An orchestra plays, and the crowd stands, turning to the doors as they open to reveal Princess Lilianna. A collective gasp ripples through the wave of guests at stunning Lilianna in her wedding dress.