Chapter Seven

CW: angst, slight violence, swearing (if there is anything else, comment it)
Word Count: 1168
Character Count (no spaces): 5428

CW: angst, slight violence, swearing (if there is anything else, comment it)Word Count: 1168Character Count (no spaces): 5428

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited By: bestyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

I SIT AT THE table with the council, glowering at the Prince across from me

I SIT AT THE table with the council, glowering at the Prince across from me. It was because of him that Ellie was in trouble.

Princess Lilianna's outburst resulted in Ellie locked away in a cell until the royal council could deliberate. While most crimes would be sorted in a trial by jury, because of the circumstances, the royal council would be determining Ellie's fate.

Slouched in my seat, arms crossed over my chest and hair falling into my eyes, my father lectures me over my demeanour. "Daniel, sit up straight. You're in the presence of Her Majesty and the Prince. Show some respect or you can leave us be. You were the one who asked to be present for this meeting, after all."

"I'm here to make sure yOuR rOyAl CoUnCiL doesn't make any irrational decisions based on the accusations of a complete stranger." I huff, crossing my legs under the table.

The rest of the council is quiet, not daring to look at me 'less they earn a death stare. And quite the death stare it would be, as I'd summon phantoms to threaten them.

Duke Henry Bancroft speaks up, addressing Arny. "We should get to the matter at hand. Miss Eleanor Levine was accused of improper relations with Prince Arnold. Are the accusations true, your highness?"

Reluctantly, Arny nods. His gaze is focused on the table engravings, hardly listening.

How dare he?

Duke Bancroft continues. "Right. Well then, there you have it. The accusations are true and it's not something we can dismiss."