Twenty

After their long journey, they finally arrived at the main entrance of Kuala Lumpur. Well, not an entrance. Just the first road they see that will connect them to Kuala Lumpur.

"Ain't it weird that we didn't encounter anything?", Amber asked.

"It's because Admiral Mika asked the soldiers to clean the road before this, hoping that someone would be brave enough to enter KL," Sofea explained.

"Oh."

"Here, have it. One set per person," Sofea handed them something.

"What is it for? We ain't listening to music while facing them, right?"Daniel asked.

"Of course not! This is our talking device. Like walkie-talkie. But it also can help us if the Siren suddenly screams. Please wear it all the time," Sofea explained.

They wear it immediately. It all fits them pretty well. They also test it first to make sure they can hear each other clearly.

"This is the Carrier's bullets. We don't have much of it so please, don't waste it," Daus gave 5 bullets for each of them.

It's the bullets to kill the Resurrectors.

"Thank you," Nowa said while keeping it in one of her vest's pockets.

After preparing themselves, they walk inside KL. Everything is down to earth already. Like a tsunami just crashed in. Sofea and Nowa are in front, and Karn and Daniel are at the very back.

"Seems like nothing around her," Sofea said.

"Cool," Nowa replied.

They hold on to their weapons, getting ready if there's any attack but at the same time hoping that nothing will ever happen.

"Where's the lab?", Amber asked.

"Anywhere around Bukit Bintang. It's hard to spot where it is since everything is ruined.

They walk even more. Suddenly, Radz heard something not far from them.

"Something is here," she said.

They stopped walking, checking their surroundings. Karn takes the lead to check the situation ahead.

"Anything?", Nowa asked Sofea.

"Hide!", Sofea said.

They rushed to a building near them just to hide.

"Seems like the Crawlers."

"Or Ferals."

"What makes you think about them?", Daniel asked.

"It's not on the ground."

They prepared for everything. According to Sofea, it seems like only one but the Crawlers and the Ferals usually walk in a group.

"Did you smell it?", Daus asked.

"Yeah, it is the Crawlers," Amber replied.

"Where?", Mike asked.

"The building in front of us," Sofia said.

Eyes on the building. Since they can camouflage, it's hard to spot them. The device that Sofea is holding also has a battery that needs to be safe.

"Anyone seen anything yet?". Shaf asked.

"The door," Allan suddenly responded.

"Door?", Sofea asked.

"If you look carefully, you can see something stick at the door, making the door look uneven," he explained.