Chapter 14

Couldn't find Sophie's Level Four schedule, so I made one up! It's the cover of this chapter. Sir Wenton, Lady Janine, Lady Kina, Sir Ostune, and Lady Ailey are all made up for the purpose of this book. Just pretend there's a dragon where is says mascot on her schedule. I have made an executive decision: when I finish this story, I'll write that other one I'm planning. It will probably be called Not So Perfect. I'm thinking it will take place after Stellarlune, when Keefe kisses Sophie. It will still be Sophitz, don't worry! Also, while you're waiting for the next chapter of this read: Nuella's Red. There's a couple of really good oneshots there. Also check out my FANTASTIC FITZPHIE Reading List. I wanna feel all the love and emotion, be that attached to the person I'm holding, someday all be falling, without caution, but for now I'm only People Watching...

Today was Sophie's first day back at Foxfire. Her first day of normal. All this week, she had finals for her classes so she could finish out the year as a Level Six and skip Level Five. Sophie had no doubt she would pass most of her classes, a few still worried her. She had her Metaphysics final first thing this morning, her most worrisome class. While she had great mental control, Sophie had no clue what Sir Wenton would throw at her. Maybe even literally throw at her. 

Sophie hopped out of bed and sleepily walked to her bathroom. She turned on the shower and stepped into the warm rainbow stream. What would the day bring?

She slipped on her green Level Four uniform, tugging on her black leggings and slipping on her soft, brown, leather boots. She pinned her family crest to the strange green half cape, the gold bird on the Ruewen crest shining in the early morning light like a lighthouse beacon. Sometimes Sophie wondered if it were made of solid gold.

She shoved her homework into her bag and ran down the stairs after checking herself in the mirror.

"Hey, wait, you forgot to do your makeup!" Vertina yelled as Sophie fled down stairs.

"Didn't forget, just don't want to!" Sophie shouted back and walked downstairs.

Edaline set a small plate on the table and gathered scattered scrolls "Ripplefluffs and Char leaves on the table, me and Grady have to leave for a mission, Foxfire starts in 20 minutes, love you, bye!" Edaline ran upstairs, scrolls in hand, to the Leapmaster. 

Sophie heard the some random name being called and a beam of light whisking Edaline away as she sat down for breakfast. 

Sophie ate in silence, besides the sounds of the crunchy Char leaves, which reminded Sophie of hashbrowns, which had been her favorite in the Forbidden Cities. She quickly finished up and walked upstairs to the Leapmaster, where Edaline had just gone. 

"Foxfire!" The crystals rearranged and she was whisked away to the magical glass pyramid, which contained her finals, friends, and fiascos. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Miss Foster," Sir Wenton called from his desk in the big, dimly-lit room. It was dark to "dull the other senses, focusing on mind over matter" whatever that meant.

"Hi," Sophie sat her bag down at her chair, one of the two chairs in the classroom, and sat down.

Sir Wenton crossed the room to stand in front of her chair. He was a tall man, who looked no older than 30 but was well over 900 as Sophie was told. "Now, this class has been focusing on where we stand in the universe, and where everywhere else stands or rather exists. How our thoughts exist inside of ourselves and how everything is interconnected."

Sophie never thought that a human theory would prove to be truthful after what Fitz said when he was convincing her she was an elf. String theory was very real. It wasn't even a theory. It played on the idea that multiple universes were all connected, strung together with different events. Advanced Metaphysics Level Four, the class Sophie was enrolled in, focused on where one stood in the ball of yarn that is our universe. All these events and people and places, all subtly connected with little strings, all tangled together to form cities, planets, communities of all sorts.