8 | Daniel's Mission - 1

Saturday
09:45

A soft sound of bells ringing could be heard as the glass door opened. The warmth from the café enveloped his cold body as he entered.

He approached the counter, where a tall boy with black hair stood. The boy's eyes seem to be focused on the text of the paper he held to not notice Daniel's presence right across the cream colored counter.

As the boy's eyes wandered, he noticed a figure across him. He flinched as he saw Daniel standing patiently.

"O-oh,..w-welcome to Bunny Café, what would you like to have?" The boy asked.

I'd like some words, if possible.
Daniel thought to the back of his head.

"I was actually wondering if you're still hiring, since I'm actually here for that.." Daniel scratched the back of his head in a nervous chuckle.

"Is that so? We needed a baker, actually. Sorry if we didn't specify it on the door."

"That works for me, I'm good at baking!"

"Really? Uh, we can work out the paperwork for a little bit and you're set to work." The boy spoke.
"I'm Soobin, by the way."

Daniel returned the smile Soobin gave.

"Yeonjun."

"So, this is the kitchen.."

So far, I haven't encountered a single trapdoor.. could it be located upstairs leading to a separate basement..? 

The exterior of the café is different than the interior. There was a thicker wall at the right side of the exterior, not a door was seen inside that led to the said area.

I'll have to inquire Soobin about it subtly.

Who knows he may be acquainted with the owner.

"And these are the drawers for the utensils."
Soobin explained to Yeonjun, to which the latter continuously nodded to show he understood.

"Upstairs is for the staff. Come here, I'll show you."

The two then walked upstairs. Yeonjun looked around, careful not to seem as if he was looking for something.

"There's a lot of boxes." Yeonjun pointed out.

"Well, we mostly use it as a stock room since the main stock room is a little far and it's full." Soobin scratched the back of his head as he awkwardly laughed.

"Can we go see the stock room?"

"Sure."

As they walked, Soobin told what other rooms was which and whose.

"This one's my break room, and this one's my father's.."

"Is the owner your father?"

"Oh, yeah. Also, this one is for the rest of the staff. I had my own since me and my dad are the only ones who work full time. With you, that makes three."