Kally

Kassie is in the room with me, as I am her guard.

"Kally, I can tell there's something wrong, can you at least tell me what?" I'm usually the one that walks away but now there's no where to run.

"You know what happened to Terrence wasn't right, right?" I finally ask.

She looks around the room, and ever so slowly writes something on the holographic display on her watch and carefully hides it with her body as she points herself towards me.

The cameras are watching us

Is all it says.

I gulp and look around the room.

How far does the surveillance go? Are they checking her watch too.

I know we don't usually use it, but there is paper in the library and pencils.

"Then let's go to the library," I state pointing at the door. she gulps but follows me all the same.

The paper is at the back, and hiding ourselves in the back of the library on the chairs we angle away from the cameras, not enough to be suspicious.

Terrence didn't deserve to die. -I write.

I know. -Kassie.

What if your mom is hiding other things that aren't right?-Me.

Henry is the one that killed Terrence. -Kassie.

Her body tenses.

He's not the only one. They killed Rose our senior year of high school, and Terrence's dad. -Me

Maybe they were a security threat. -Kassie.

In what way?-Me.

Maybe they were trying to take the government over.- Kassie.

But why would they need to do that unless the government was doing things wrong. -Me.

That's only a theory. -Kassie.

What if they're killing them to silence them. —Me.

Silence them about what?- Kassie.

I don't know. Terrence was trying to figure out what they were hiding and they killed him. -Me.

They only killed him because he was in the room. -Kassie.

Why do you think he was in that room? He wanted to know what they were doing. The only thing is Katie outsmarted us and escaped before he got the information he needed. You heard Henry say he wasn't going to kill her at first. He was going to ask her something. But what was that?-Me.

So you're saying Katie knows something and that's why they're trying to kill her? I thought this was about her being overpowered.-Kassie.

That's only part of it. She's useful to your mom because she knows something. And now that her mom is here, I'm sure her mom is next after her.-Me.

What are you suggesting? -Kassie.

Maybe the reason Victoria disappeared was because she was running from something, and someone else triggered the creatures. I've been thinking about it all summer. They'd want to hide it if someone else talked to the creatures and it wasn't Victoria. That's the only way they can keep her from getting back into power.- Me.

She knows something like Katie? -Kassie.

She must. -Me.

No way, why would my mom hide that much from me and lie?- Kassie.

Because the truth is ugly, why else wouldn't she tell you about Rose, why else would she want to kill Katie? -Me.

Kassie's face goes very pale. I know she knows I'm right. And that's the worst part. Because there is a giant possibility that she is going to side with her mom anyway. Even after everything that we've seen her do. She could have me killed for what I'm suggesting, but no one else can talk to the creatures. She's the only one who can straighten out the lies.