Challenged

Chapter 16
3x04

Lexa and Clarke barged into Sage's room. They had been arguing.

"Sage, tell her it's a bad idea." Clarke said.

"What's happening?" Sage got out of bed and walked over to Lexa and Clarke.

"Lexa has expected to a challenge to fight Roan for Queen Nia." Clarke explained.

"Clarke, leave us, please." Sage asked her friend.

Clarke sighed. "Fine. Just make sure you talk her out of this." She walked out.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Sage asked the commander.

"I'm thinking my authority is being questioned. I'm thinking that if I die in battle, I die fighting. I'm thinking you will be taken care of by Aden if I die." Lexa explained. "I've thought this through."

"Aden. He's a child." Sage stated.

"What are you so worried about?"

"I'm sorry if I'm concerned that the fate of Skaikru rest on the shoulders of a child." Sage said.

"Then you worry for nothing." Lexa told. "I've sent Indra to raise an army from the villages near Arkadia. Your people are protected as I vowed they would be."

"This is not just about Skaikru. You don't stand a chance against Roan." Sage said.

"You've never seen me fight." Lexa said defensive.

"No! But I've seen him fight. He killed 3 men in the time it took the first one to hit the ground." The red head stated.

"If your right, today's the day my spirit will choose it's successor and you need to accept that." Lexa told her.

"We'll see about that." Sage turned around and left her own room.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

Sage walked behind Roan when he was training with a sword. She wore a hood over her head.

"Is that death I hear stalking me?" He asked with his  sword barely not touching the side of her neck.

Sage took off her hood, so Roan could see her face. "I think I'm better looking than death." She smirked.

"Or just the Commander of Death."

"We need to talk." The red head said moving his sword away from her with a padded 0art of her sleeve.

"We have nothing to talk about." Roan said. "I need to prepare."

Sage stepped towards him. "I know you had nothing to do with Mount Weather. That's why I didn't tell the commander that you were the one who gave me the knife. This is what Nia (his mother) wanted all along."

"What do you want." The prince turned to face her. "Spit it out."

"I want you to be King." Sage told him. Roan's expression softened. "I know you've thought of it. She was willing to let you die. Willing to let you be banished. I know you just want to go home."

"When I win today, I will."

"How long will that last? How long until your mommy finds another reason to cast you out? To sacrifice you? Huh? No one can kick a King out of his own kingdom."