CHAPTER 6

The present:

It was a beautiful morning with a magnificent sunset that one could stare forever at the sky which looked like it was painted but this morning wasn't for the family of Mr and Mrs Anderson and The Smiths as they lost an angel some days back.

School mornings without Hailey were the worst for Jody, as she had no one to pressure her to get dressed for school or jump on her bed to wake her up it was lonely and depressing.

"Mom, I really don't think I can go to school today" Jody said as she came down the stairs in her red polka dots pajamas.

"Morning young lady, how was your night?" Jane said as she put the fried
scramble eggs into a plate with bacons
and pushed it towards Jody who was sitting at the counter.

"Mom, how can you act normal don't you get it I can't walk or sit in school without my best friend who have been in my life for like forever"i annoyingly said.

"Look we lose people who are dear to us almost everyday but that is for a good cause dear we can't say because of we lost someone we won't continue to live".
My mom said as she cupped my cheeks.

"Besides we are going over to haileys to see her parents and know their plans for the burial and then you will get your answers"she said as she untied her apron and arranged her dress.

"I'll see you later in the day I left mac and cheese in the fridge when you get back microwave it, eat and prepare. Have a nice school day."She kissed my forehead as she left for work.

My mom has left for work now and I couldn't stop thinking about what it would be like going to hailey's house and she is not there or even school.

I am so afraid of walking down the hallway alone or even the thoughts of people who hated her and never gave shits about her start feeling sorry or start trying to console me or just sympathy I hate it.

...............................

At school:

I parked my car at the last parking space left but I couldn't get down as i was scared like never before I almost had a panic attack but calmed myself down.

Immediately I got down from the car,all eyes on me I couldn't even trip right now cause that would make things worse. I hurried my way through the slow walking students and went straight to my locker but saw something strange.

When school resumed Hailey and I would always request for our lockers to be close to each other. As I walked closer to my locker not minding the way people were staring at me with pity face I could see closely the letters that were pasted on her lockers.

Sndy:We miss you hales.

Hudy: I can't believe you left us early.

Chhs: Hailey Anderson we will continue to love you always and forever.

Zany:You were a good friend and sister to me.

Yehje: I miss your smile and cheery attitude please come back.

And so many more notes that one couldn't read in a day. I froze when I saw this letters I never knew this school appreciated her presence and you see that's the thing they never show it until
the person is gone and that is wrong this made me smile but i was still pissed.
After taking my notes from my locker,I got hugs from different people even though I hated it but I still had to hug out my anxiety.

Hey y'all, Jane is Jody's mother just incase you get confused.

Please don't forget to VOTE!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!