Chapter 12

At the beach
........................

He came towards me closing the gap between us then put my hands on his chest so I could feel his body. It was warm as I could feel the heat radiating from his muscles.

Under the rain stood Jake and I just staring into our souls.

"Hey you what are you doing standing there!!!"said an old man in raincoat.

"I really think we should go now"I finally said. Ughhh thank God I said something cause it was like we were on pause for days.

"Yeah we should"Jake said with a smile plastered on his face.

We ran back to the car drenched so bad I felt so uncomfortable but the warmth of Jake's car made me feel good again.

He offered me two towels for covering the seat so I would be comfortable and for warming myself up.

And then the drive began although it was slow because the wiper wasnt that quick in giving us a clearer view of the road.

We kept on going adding little speed and reducing it to be safe all in silence
Not a word was said from both of us. I faced my window watching as the water flowed down the glass.

And there it came Hailey.

I thought of how I was going to face the burial cause i'm only weak for Hailey and I would cry seeing her lifeless. Only the thought of it made one tear escape my eyes and then two tears God please help me.

"Jody I........."he was cut short by a crying girl which was me.

I really dont know why but somehow all the tears I fought back today came out immediately Jake was about to say something and there you have it I was wailing.

Jake was shocked and his grip on the wheel became strong, he didn't utter a word at all but only patted me at the back.

"I can't bear to see her lifeless Jake please help me" I managed to talk through my crying moment.

I cried,cried and cried because I was just tired of my life in general.

Nobody gets me by SZA plays on the radio.

Like the universe wanted me to cry more by playing me that song but instead I raised my head up and cleaned my tears even though some still helplessly came out. Ive always loved SZA and she came through for me with this song cause nobody really gets me at all.

We got to our destination and he parked in his garage thankfully it had a backdoor to his house. I got down eyes puffed, freezing body and wet hair. He guided me and we went through a hallway that brought us to the living room. Inside smelled a lot like jake and I loved it.

"You okay??"he asked.

"Yh"

"Come jody"he held my hand and led me upstairs to a room which already had its bed made and it was like someone stayed there.

"This is where I stay to clear my head its a free room so you can have it. My mom won't be back till tomorrow"he said leaning on the door frame.

"You'll figure the rest yourself, Good night jody"he said shutting the door.

I immediately held it and a surprised look flashed across his face. I hugged him and told him thank you.

After Jake left I couldn't feel less embarrassed for crying in his car and I know he wasn't happy i'd eventually talk to him later.

I immediately took a warm shower, plugged in my phone and once it had reached thirty percent I unplugged it and turned it on.

I was first welcomed with missed calls from my mom, haileys mom, and some friends from school. Chats from people I never imagined would chat me I didn't want to read their sympathy messages so I just turned off the lamp and proceeded to sleep.