CHAPTER 7

................................
In the classroom.
................................

"And now we move onto variation, we have direct, inverse........"the voice of my math teacher slowly died in my head as I was thinking about what turn my life will take next while scribbling rubbish
at the back of my notebook.

"Miss Smith!! Miss Jody Smith!!...."my teacher called out to me.

"Yes Mrs Ruth"

"Your mind seems rather departed"she said.

She walkes over to my table as everyone turned their head to see what happens next, she leans over to my ear and whispers.

"You will be fine, cause you are a strong woman"

She then taps my nose with a smile and went to pack up her books as the bell had already rung for launch period.

Everyone had rushed out to fill their bellies while I still sat in shock at what just happened before I made my way to
the cafeteria.

.............................
At the cafeteria
..............................

As I collected my tray to pick up apples and some yoghurts I felt a sudden rush of air pass me by and it felt so familiar
I turned to see who it was and there he was the one boy who called himself hailey's boyfriend.

I watched as he set his tray on the table and sat to eat. He looked drained, his eyes like he had cried a lot, dark circles making him look miserable.

I walked over as no one was at the table with him, set my tray and began talking.

"So Marcus, how have you been??, I know the whole death thing has deeply affected you but we have to be strong you know??

"I know you don't like me Jody but you
should know I really loved hales a lot more than you think" he looked at me with teary eyes.

My appetite had suddenly disappeared.

"I shouldn't have left her alone to buy that fucking lighter, I never knew she would collapse I swear I never knew"he cried.

Oh my goodness, this was the first time I saw the school hottie Marcus break down in serious tears and I knew he really loved Hailey and right there I felt so bad for him, for both of us.

I should have never criticised her for her love of BTS, I should have never teased her, I should have kissed her when she asked before i left but I was in a rush, I hate myself for this ". Marcus cried bitterly which caused more heads and eyes turn to look at us.

I was in tears already but I didn't cry, I couldn't cause I'd cried more than enough day and night.

Marcus started slapping himself and cursed while others stared in pity.

"Marcus stop please, stop hurting yourself, hailey wouldn't want that please"I begged with tears in my eyes.

"Jody please, slap me more I deserve to be punished by you and God please hurt me"Marcus begged while holding my hands.

I just looked at him with tears in my eyes unable to speak and lost in thoughts.

"I....I can't do that marcus please don't make me please"

He grabbed my hands and started slapping himself hard with it and it hurt me too.

A guy came and pushed Marcus away, I turned in suprise to see marcus on the floor.

"She said no bro don't force her to, and stop crying cause the dead will and can never be brought back to life" the young looking guy who appeared out of no where said with anger and pity in his
dark brown eyes.