5: Detention [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/10/24]

***

Y/N's eyes begin to hurt as she didn't stop glaring at her professor. It's been an hour since she has been scrubbing every cauldron in the room but the pile of it doesn't really lessen.

Her palm is already hurting and her arms are starting to go numb. This is the first time she ever experienced this kind of torment. Now, she feels really sorry for their house elf, Chigo as he has to do a lot of household chores by himself. 

Maybe she will write him a letter, along with her parents' letter as well. She would tell them that there's a stuck-up git who's very ignorant, irritating and a bully.

Snape is really getting on her nerves so well. So, she thinks about what would shatter the silence inside the chamber. Of course, an unpleasant noise.

Her eyes wander around him, then to the papers he is grading, and up to the way he is breathing so gradual as if he is in sync with each stroke of his quill.

And so, Y/N hum into a very energetic song entitled 'Hot n Cold'.

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes

Her lips curled into a smirk when the potion master muttered something and that something is not a praise or anything. He must be annoyed just like how she wanted him to be.

Yeah you, PMS
Like a bitch-

The girl heard him get up from his desk so she pretended to focus on scrubbing the very last cauldron on the supply room.

"L/N." He growled quietly and Y/N flinched at the sudden sound he just emitted. Well, you can't blame her as she isn't used to someone growling like a dog.

"Yes Professor?" She put on her most annoying smile and most annoying tune that I could ever muster. Everything about her screams irritating.

He sneered at the girl and put his slender hands on his waist. "You really don't get it do you, stupid girl? Very well then. You have asked for this. One month detention with me and you must brew Draught of Living Death perfectly. It will be your key to pass this subject. I will be giving you a month, Miss L/N." Her eyes went wide as she watches his thin lips turn into an annoying evil smirk.

"What if I failed to do so? What will you going to do? Fail me huh? It's not even for 1st years!" She sarcastically snapped and he smiled evilly. Draught of Living Death is a potion that a mere student like her won't ever produce. What is the git thinking?

"Yes, L/N. You won't be able to complete your 1st year because you failed the requirements for the subject-matter. Also, you'll become nothing but a disgrace to your family once they hear you failed to pass Potions. Pity." He enthusiastically let go of the words as if it tastes really well while looking down on her. How unrighteous for a teacher.

"You're really crossing the line! I will tell the headmaster about this!" She shouted in front of him. Y/N don't have an ounce of idea that this is all a plan though. Snape couldn't help but to waggle his head a little at the thought. Despite the fact that Snape wanted to be out of any of this, he has no other choice.

The girl on the other hand feels really sick. She hasn't fully absorbed everything that happened. She just wanted to go away from Snape. But before she could touch the door knob, a slender hand tightly gripped her right wrist. His hand is cold which make her flinch at the impact.

He harshly pulled the girl close to him and her heart beat begin to increase. She can feel his manly chest as her head rests on it. While her hand is on his tough back, accidentally wrapping it around him when she lost her balance.