Chapter -30.

Their trip lasted for 3 days. They came back home and relaxed for a while. After some time Dharani got busy with the household chores and the laundry.Maya also helped  her and they made a light lunch for themselves. After lunch they cleared the vessels and washed them.

After a long time they got back to the couch in the living room, Maya talked to Dharani about some random topic and they got themselves engaged in discussion. Dharani remembered something important. She thought of asking Maya about it. She knew that it is a sensitive topic to Maya and she should be careful with her words. She hesitated first but later decided to ask her.

Dharani:
“ Maya, can I ask you something? Don't get emotional ok”.

Maya:
“ Oho Didi. Have you ever seen me crying? Not a chance. Ask “

Dharani took a deep breath and asked her,

Dharani:
“ Maya, your uncle is coming from the States in a couple of months. I don't know the exact date. But, I got to know that his family got selected there and wants to take you back with him. Are you willing to go with him?”.

Prithvi insisted Dharani ask Maya's opinion. He reminded her not to pressurize Maya or try to influence her. Though Dharani was against this idea. She wants Maya to stay back with them. Maya is her sister now and she was not able to digest the very thought of Maya going away from them. 

But, she knows that she can't always  think with emotions and selfishness. So, she did what her husband asked her to do.

She tried to observe Maya's expression carefully when she was questioning her,

Maya:
“ Why does my uncle want to  take me now? He didn't  bother to know about my well being when he left me under Prithvi uncle’s care”.

Dharani:
“ It's not like that. Maybe he was busy at that time. He might be struck with some important work. He might have his own problems. We can't blame someone without knowing their side problem “.

Maya:
“ So, now you want me to go back with him. Am I a burden to you guys? Did I bother you people? If you feel pressure to take care of me, leave me in foster care. I am a good student and I can get a scholarship and study hard. Don't worry I will move out from the house now itself,”

Saying this Maya walked away from Dharani. Dharani took time to process what was happening with Maya. When she came back to her senses, Maya was already packing her stuff. 

Dharani walked to her and took the bags away. She feared that Maya might snatch them again and run away. She was aware of Maya's stubbornness. Thanks to the bond they have between them, they know each other like the back of their hands. 

Dharani ran to the other room which is the guest room. She locked her bag  in the closet and even locked the door. She took Maya's hand and made her sit on the couch. She took her hand in hers in an assuring way and started speaking

Dharani:
“ Maya, you are an angel in our lives. You don't know how much you changed us. Grandma and Grandpa are so happy when you started to get close to them. I am no less. I found a small sister in you. We are blessed to have you. 
When your Prithvi uncle got the call he was shocked. He wasn't willing to send you back and at the same time he had  no right to stop you from going back to your family. 

Tell me, what are we supposed to do “

Maya stared at her for some time and said

Maya:
“ Didi, I love you all. I can't go away from you people. Please don't send me back. I will stay here with you people. Tell uncle not to bother about them”.