Chapter -27.

A  month passed by.

Maya is in her 10th  grade. She wanted to pursue her career in Forensic sciences. She is interested in science. So, she discussed her career option with Dharani and Kasturi. Both of them felt happy for Maya for choosing a different field. 

Maya didn't not come to her house on the weekend. Her exams were nearing and the school will be given a break till their exams. She was preparing well and got herself busy.

On the other hand, Dharani went  back to Bangalore. As suggested by Prithvi she shifted to an apartment. This is a two bedroom apartment. With a decent place for the kitchen and living room. The only problem is it is on the 15th floor. 

Dharani was looking for a one room kitchen. That is enough for her. But, Prithvi insisted on this apartment. In Fact he was the one who flew back for a day to Bangalore when  he heard that Dharani  was rejoining her office. He helped her in the shifting work and brought her the required things to set the apartment.

On getting back to the present, Dharani had a tired day. She reached home and relaxed on the couch for a while. She was not aware when she dozed off to sleep.She woke up with the continuous ringing of her phone. It was a call from Kasturi,

Kasturi:
“ Hello Dharani. How are you? Did you reach home? How was your day, ma”

Dharani:
“ I am good, Grandma. How about you and Grandpa? How is pedda thattha doing “.

Kasturi:
“ We are good, ma. Hey listen, did he call you. “

They were talking about Prithvi. It's been a week since Prithvi contacted his family. The last conversation he had with Dharani was almost 20 days ago. Dharani knew that he would be busy, so she was not bothered. But, when brought up the topic, she could not help missing him. She was married to him. Like every other girl, she dreamt of spending good time with her husband and family. But, she knew that was not possible in her case. She expected him to call her at least once a day. But even that is not happening. She felt depressed. She sighed heavy and said,

Dharani:
“ No Grandma. It's been 20 days since he called me . Don't you call him”.

Kasturi :
“ The last time I talked to him was a week back. Dharani, you are his wife now. Why dint you talk  to him for 20 days. Are you waiting for him to call?. Did you people  had a fight?. Don't  avoid talking to each other. It creates misunderstandings between you guys. Solve your problems by talking to each other “.

Dharani:
“ Abba, Grandma, you are worrying too much. We didn't fight. I know he is busy and I don't like bugging him. So, I didn't call him. “.

Kasturi :
“ Dharani please keep it in mind that you are married for God’s sake . He was your mamma earlier but now he is your husband. You should be concerned about his well being. You should talk to him instead of waiting for him to call you. This is not how a marriage works.

Dharani , tell me the truth. Are you not happy with this marriage? Don't you like Prithvi “.

Dharani:
“ Grandma. Please stop over thinking . Seriously, We have no difference. I am happy , getting married to your son. I will call him right away and update you about his whereabouts. Ok. Bye”.

Saying this she cut the call, not giving a chance to Kasturi to question her. Sometimes she feels that her Grandmother will  become a  Marriage  Guru and sometimes she becomes a psychologist. She had a hard day in the office and now her Grandmother gave her a piece of her mind. She calmed her mind to cool down and then called Prithvi. She thought she would not be fortunate and the call would not go through. But, luck is at her side, the call got connected immediately and Prithvi spoke on the other end.