Chapter-29.

After the phone call, Prithvi went back to his quarters. He had his shower and changed his clothes. He tried to sleep but his thoughts revolved around  Dharani and his family. He felt that he was fortunate that he was adopted by Vikram and Kasturi. They taught him good values and education. They encouraged him in every decision he made. Vikram and Kasturi made sure that Prithvi was treated as their own biological son. The thought that Prithvi was an adopted child never crossed his mind.

Though his father was not fully convinced with his marriage with Dharani, he started accepting their relationship slowly. Prithvi wants Dharani to stay with his parents and at the same  time he doesn't want Dharani to stay idle at home. He wanted her to search for a job in Hyderabad. He will be there to guide her. But he was afraid that Dharani may misunderstand him. So, he kept his hopes on the Posting. He was sure that he will be posted to his home location sooner or later and he can wait for that to happen.

He went to sleep with these thoughts in mind. The next morning, he woke up and resumed his duty. In the afternoon, he remembered that he needed to take “Permission “ from his dad, so he called him. Vikram was busy practicing calligraphy in his study.

Vikram:
“Hello Prithvi, what's up “.

Prithvi :
“ Hi dad. How are you?  Are you busy? Did I disturb you “.

Vikram :
“ Now tell, what you want to ask.”

Prithvi :
“ Wow, you guessed it correctly. How “.

Vikram :
“ We talked yesterday. Now you called me again this  afternoon. So there must be something which is bothering you or you want to ask something.”

Prithvi :
“ Ok dad, I will get straight. Maya is having her holiday. Why not send her to Bangalore. Dharani is staying alone there. Let the sisters spend some time together “.

Vikram :
“ I have no problem sending her to Bangalore. But who will drop her. Your Grandpa is aging and he needs someone to take care of. I can't leave him  to  your mom. If something emergency is needed, she can't run around for help. So if you have any idea, suggest something to me”.

Prithvi :
“ Dad, let Maya travel alone. Let us send through airways. It's time saving and safe”.

Vikram :
“ Even I thought the same, but your mom said that Maya has air sickness. What if she feels sick and  gets unwell after reaching Bangalore. Dharani will be in trouble taking care of her”.

Prithvi :
“ Yes dad. I forgot this. When I brought Maya to our house, she felt nausea and uneasy during the travel. She hardly ate anything. But, the travel from Hyderabad to Bangalore hardly takes an hour or so. So, don't worry. She will be fine. Send her to Bangalore, dad. Stop worrying so much”.

Vikram :
“ By the way, how come you know about Maya's trip? Did your mom ask you to pursue me with this matter”.

Prithvi:
“ No it's not Amma. It's your granddaughter who asked me to pursue you”.

Vikram :
“ Which one,  the elder or the younger one?”.

Prithvi :
“ Hmm. The elder one. Dad, I forgot to tell you something important. Can you please suggest to me any solution”.

Vikram:
“ Is it something serious, Prithvi?”.

Prithvi:
“ Yes dad, this is something serious. Don't get disturbed when you hear me out. I was actually struggling in making a decision.
This is related to Maya”.

Vikram :
“ What is it, tell me. I will see if I can help you with  it “.

Prithvi :
“ Here's the thing, dad. Maya’s uncle contacted me recently. His family is doing well in the States. He was expected to come to India within a few months and want to take Maya back with them.
I didn't answer him at that time. I fostered Maya so I have no right to stop her from going. But, I don't want to send her away.”

Vikram thought for a long time. This was really an unexpected shock. In these two and half years, Maya got so well with them. They never treated her as an outsider. The way Maya called him Grandpa, grandma is just how Dharani treated them. Maya is like their granddaughter. They see no difference between Dharani and Maya.
Actually speaking, if this news is a shock to Prithvi then it is like a blow to the old couple. Kasturi will be devastated if she hears this news. It took a long time for Vikram to process this news and sink it  into his mind. He doesn't want to send Maya away. But blood is thicker than water. They have no right to object .

Vikram:
“ Let's ask Maya's opinion first. If she wants to go with her uncle, who are we to stop her?
But, if  Maya goes away, your mother will be heartbroken. She and Dharani took her as their own. This will be a big shock to them. Let's not tell them about this.. Talk to Maya and know what she is thinking “.

Prithvi :
“ Actually dad, Dharani knew about this issue. She suggested adoption. “

Vikram :
“ But Prithvi, Maya's uncle knew that you fostered her and you didn't adopt her. If we go for the adoption in the meantime he can sue us for custody. Don't get yourself into trouble  by having those crazy thoughts in mind.
Listen to me properly. You talk to Maya. Have a proper discussion with her then think what you can do. This is not in our hands to decide . If Maya wishes to move on with her family, we have no right to stop her. Lets just hope that Maya stays back with us.”

Prithvi:
“ Ok dad. Don't tell Amma about this. Let's keep this a secret  for a while. I need to get back to duty. I will book the tickets for Maya on this Friday. You take care of yourself, Thattha and Amma.
Bye dad.”

Vikram :
“ Ya take care. Carry on with your work”

Saying this they disconnected their calls and got themselves busy.

On Friday at around 4:00 pm, Maya reached Bangalore. Dharani went to the airport to receive her. Maya missed her Didi. So, she hugged  her tightly with a bone crushing hug in the premises of the airport. Dharani felt suffocated and had to free herself from Maya's embrace. She reminded Maya that they were at a display  of affection in public and it was not looking good. Maya got back to her senses and then they made their way back to the home.

Maya felt comfortable with the apartment. There is a play area and you can find many youngsters playing volleyball, tennis and cricket. There is a walking zone and kids play area. Maya liked the society  at the very instant.

Maya  didn't had her lunch  considering her air sickness. She was hungry and Dharani thought of having  an early dinner. When she started chopping the vegetables , Maya  insisted in helping her sister with cooking. After they are done with their dinner, Maya and Dharani went for a walk . They chatted for a while and came back.

The following days are weekends. So, Dharani planned her itinerary a head. She took leave for two days and She booked a  bus through the local tourist travel. The trip is a 4 days trip which covers Mysore , Coorg,  Hampi, Bangalore
Maya was very excited about the trip.

The next morning they woke up early. They got ready and reached the meeting point for the tour. They got into the bus by 9:00 am. They had a good time with each other and enjoyed their trip.

Bye. Take care.
Stay safe and stay healthy always.

Do comment and vote for my story if you feel it is worth reading. Please do share my story with your friends.
Thank you.