Chapter 14:

I stood frozen for a few seconds. Its hard to process and take in. He must want me to feel bad. I am friend zoned for life. We started walking to civics class. " Are you going to the party Wednesday?" Austin asked. " I was invited. I'm not sure if I want to go" I said. " It will be fun." He tried to reasure me. Well, Austin has a date so of course! See, when he asked if I was going that was suppose to be him asking me to be his date. He has a girlfriend. I should forget about Austin so, instead I should find a boyfriend. " I might drop by" I told him. " All I am saying is come" Austin replied. I don't think I can bear the pain seeing him with Savannah. We finally, made it outside the civics door. I realized I never stopped by my locker being so, distracted my Austin! I ran down the hall to my locker. I opened it and grabbed the book I needed. I walked by Austin's locker and saw a note attached. I curiously pulled it off. It was from Austin's girlfriend. I was almost scared to read it. My curiosity got the best of me. " This song Is amazing! I'm sure the music teacher will love it" was what the note said. At the bottom was a song. I read the lyrics but, what caught my eye was the chorus. " I'm feeling better. Ever since, you've known me. I was a lonely sole but, that's the only." I really liked that part. It inspired me. the song was called " I feel again". I never knew Austin was in to music but, what do I really know about him anymore. I quickly walked back to the civics room. I taped the song back on his locker before I had left. I got to the classroom just in time. There was an empty seat between Austin and this other boy. I took the seat and my stuff down. The teacher was having an emergency so, she left. The boy next to me was pretty hot. He had blonde and brown bleached hair. it was really attractive. He had light blue eyes. He smiled at me before saying " Hi I'm Josh. What's your name" His eyes twinkled as he talked. " I'm Marissa" I replied. " Pretty name." He said. " Thanks" I giggled. " You have a cute laugh" He chuckled. " I can say the same about you" Josh said. I turned to look at Austin watching us.