19.

Now that Matt and Lily had finally met, they were able to make things right regarding their unusual friendship that had been mixed with the celebrity-fan relationship they were starting to have. Luckily, it was still at a point that their friendship would come first although they had met under the wrong circumstances. After their discussion, Matt eventually took Lily back to her best friend that had been chilling with Matt's family. He had offered Lily to meet again the next day so that she could be introduced to his friends before all spending the day outside visiting the city they were in. Lily had gladly accepted, now excited to have Matt be an actual part of her life and not only through a screen.

~~~

Lily, Alex, Matt and his family were all ready to say a temporary goodbye as they would all go to their hotel. To Lily's surprise, the room Matt had booked for her and Alex was actually in the same hotel as he was in.

"Why did you even do that?" Lily asked, dumbfounded by the situation. "What if I hated you and never wanted to see you again?"

"Ain't that a bit dramatic?" Matt retorted. "I had the right to be hopeful!"

"True, true. I guess you're lucky to be nice and likeable."

"Oh, so you do like me?"

"Obviously stupid", Lily laughed. She knew Matt only meant to tease her but she wanted him to know that it was the truth. "Even as Matthew Sturniolo – which I now know that Matt is short for – I fucking drove hundred of miles for you so now it's a bonus that you're also my friend in the same body."

Behind them were Alex as well Matt's brothers and parents who were all watching the scene happening in front of them. Everyone was glad for Matt and Lily to have been able to meet as they both looked very happy with each other. Although it was a bit far-stretched at the moment, it was easy to notice that something special – more than a simple online-to-real-life friendship – was hiding between the two and was going to develop into something wonderful.
Leaving Lily and Alex in front of their hotel room, the Sturniolos bid them goodbye before planning to meet the next morning in the lobby so that all the young adults could hang out together and get to know each other. Mary Lou took an extra time to hug the two girls as she had been very happy to meet them for they were both respectful and kind, which the woman had greatly appreciated.
Now alone in their room, Alex and Lily took a minute before processing what had happened today. They looked at each other before bursting out laughing and hugging.

"I still can't believe it!" Alex exclaimed. "You were friends with Matt motherfucking Sturniolo and now we're gonna hang out with him, his brothers and their friends?"

"YES! It feels crazy but like– in a good way. It's exhilarating and I'm just so impatient for tomorrow now."

"I agree, I'm really excited to meet Madi! She always seemed so sweet."

"For real," Lily agreed with her best friend. "I'm so so glad for today bro you can't imagine: meeting Matt was something I had thought about, but like in a fantasy kinda way I guess? It felt so far away from reach but in the end, it did happen."

"Yeah," Alex sighed at that. "It's surreal but it was fate honestly. Y'all had to find each other at one point."

Nodding, Lily couldn't stop smiling and neither could the blonde. They decided that they needed to rest after today's adventures and started getting ready for the night so that they could be full of energy for the next day. Like after the other shows, their routine consisted in having a shower, ordering food to their room and looking at the amazing pictures Lily had taken during the day.
Before going to sleep, Lily saw that she had just received a text making her even more excited for tomorrow.