Chapter 21: Fire vs Ice

Izuku was making his way out to his next match. He was going against the cold Shoto Todoroki who also could use fire, but for some reason he wouldn't. He thought about when he spoke to someone.

Flashback

Izuku was training in the back. He saw someone approach him. It was a woman with snow white hair.

"You wouldn't happen to be Izuku Midoriya, son of Dragneel would you?" she asked.

Izuku nodded.

"Yes," he said.

"My name is Rei Todoroki, known as the hero Blitzkreig. I have a favor to ask. I would like you to help Shoto escape his past, and embrace his fire."

"So he does use fire! But what made him refuse?"

Rei spent the next few minutes explaining what happened. It all had to do with his father Endeavor.

"So that's why he won't use fire," Izuku said.

"Yes. Ever since his dad died, he's been afraid to use fire. And on top of that.... His personality seemed to change," Rei told him, "Its like his two sides have been separated somehow."

She took his hands.

"I beg you. Help my son be himself again..."

Izuku nodded.

"I will."

flashback over

Izuku walked over to the stadium. He was face to face with Shoot, who made it this far without using fire. His reflection looked at him.

"You can't keep this up for long." His reflection said.

Shoto ignored his reflection.

"Its a mortal kombat match!" Present Mic said, "Izuku Midoriya vs Shoto Todoroki, the son of the two pro heroes, Frost and the late Endeavor!"

Shoto looked at Izuku. He was determined to beat him.

"Round 1. FIGHT!!!!" Midnight said.

......Really? Seriously?

Izuku channeled ofa around his body

Shoto shot an ice wall Izukus way

Izuku countered with a punch, shattering the ice making it into small particles. Izuku noticed that Shoto was only relying on half of his power.

'This is what Frost meant," Izuku thought, 'He's trying to prove he doesn't need fire to get the job done.'

Shoto fired another ice wall at Izuku. Izuku threw a fireball to melt the ice.

"Todoroki listen to me!" Izuku said, "I know you wanna be a hero, but you can't half-ass it like this."

"SHUT UP!!!"

Shoto threw another ice wall aimed at Izuku. Part of his body was starting to freeze up a bit due to overuse.

'He can't keep this up,' Izuku said.

Shoto saw his reflection once more.

"Shoto, you can't keep this up anymore. Give me control."

"I don't need you," Shoto said, "I can beat him with only half of my power!"

"Well its quite obvious you can't!" his reflection argued, "Look at yourself!!"

Shoto ignored his reflection. He then summoned more ice pillars.