Chapter 16: Sports Festival Part 1

Today was the big day for our future heroes. It was the Sports Festival. A combination of quirks and magic for everyone to see what all heroes were made of. Izuku was walking with Eri. 

"Be sure to cheer real loud for me and Mommy," Izuku said to his little girl. 

"Ok," Eri said as she had a flag that said ‘Go daddy and Mommy!’. 

She was then scooped up by Nana.

“Good luck out there Izuku,” Nana said. 

She took Eri to the seats where Inko and Toshinori were, to support their son. Melissa saw Ochako and approached her. 

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeey Ochako, can we talk for a minute?" she asked.

"Suuuuuuuuure?" Ochako hesitantly said copying her tone.

The two of them walked away from the class and into the hallway. Melissa stopped then turned to look at Ochako. 

"So what did you wanna talk about?" Ochako asked.

Melissa wanted to tell Ochako her feelings for Izuku. She was fidgeting with her fingers trying to find out how to get the words out.

"So this is gonna be awkward," Melissa said.

"What?" Ochako asked.

"Well... I..." 

Ochako noticed the way Melissa was swaying around and how her face looked. It was the look of someone in love. She started to slyly smirk.

"You have a thing for Deku don't you?" Ochako asked.

Melissa was surprised. The shock on her face said it all.

"How did you-"

“I noticed how you were looking at him and I kinda figured,” Ochako explained.

"So.... You're not angry about it?"

"Melissa I noticed you gushing over him quite a bit, so no. I'm not angry," Ochako reassured her as she put a confoeting arm on her shoulder.

"Well he is kind of sweet. And I was touched when he said I could be a hero in my own way."

"That's the thing about Deku, he always finds a way to put a smile on someone’s face." Ochako admitted as she smiled, “What made you fall for him though?”

“Well, I think it was when he started testing out my prototypes for support items, and when he said I could be a great supporter for heroes, even be a hero if I wanted to. His words touched my heart.”

Ochako smiled at her boyfriend.

"Melissa, this is gonna sound strange, even coming from me, but.... what if I was willing to share him with you?" Ochako asked.

"Wait, really?" Melissa asked. 

"Of course," Ochako said. 

"Well that's great because.... I have a thing for you too," Melissa said, "My door kinda swings both ways."

"Well then," Ochako said with a smirk, "we'll love each other as much as Izuku."

She then pecked Melissa's cheek

All the students were in the field listening to instructions form The R Rated Hero, Midnight. 

"And the first event will be, an obstacle course!" Midnight said, "You will all race around the arena facing various obstacles that come your way! The top 42 will move on to the next round!"