17. I'm leaving.

MELANIE

Gavi wasn't talking with me for 2 weeks now. I wanted to talk with him, but he doesn't live with us now. The day after all this happened, he took a few of his things, and left.

Pedri told me he is at Fermin's house. I hope he's okay. After all, we were together for a while.

- Hermana, I got news.

Pedri came home, when I was sitting on the couch.
Our relation was very good now. He really supported me those days.

- Remember that call? When it was your birthday?

- Yeah, how could I forget.

- So, I just found out what was that. Your mother had a twin sister.

- And?

- She's your real mother. María was only 18 when she gave birth, and she left when you had something about 5 months.

- She left me? Her own child?

- Yes. I know it's hard for you, but it's not over. María returned to Poland after another 5 moths, but you weren't there. Your mother, I mean, your other mother and your father moved out to London, so you can have a good life.

I was in shock. How she could do that? Where she is now?

- What all of this had to do with the call?

- María called you. Like I said, they were twins, so the voice might be similar. Also, she is in Spain now.

- How do you know all of this?

- My father told me that. I was talking with him before that freaking party, and I didn't want to tell you this. Now, I found out she is in Spain, that's why you know it now.

I didn't know what should I say. It's crazy. Before I moved to Barcelona, my life was calm, my only problem was Chris.

- Melanie, I would understand if you decided to live with her. She's your mother.

I looked at him. He looks sad, telling me that. I know it's hard for him too. He's barely talking with Gavi, staying all night up for me. He's the best brother I could ever have.

- I won't live with her. You're my hermano, I won't leave you. Do you have contact with her?

- No, but I can have if you want.

- You think I should talk to her?

- If I were you, I would do that. Family is important, no meter what.

We were sitting in the silence now, when Pedri's phone called. I saw it was his mother.

- I have to go help my mom. Do you want to go with me? You haven't met them yet, and they really want to know you.

- Maybe not today.

- I understand. Take care, if something happens, call me.

- Okay, I love you, hermano.

- I love you too, Mel.

He hugged me and left. It was kind of late, so I decided to go to our spot. It was the best place to think. I grabbed my phone and headphones and left.

I was sitting on the sand, and listening to music. Sunset was beautiful like always. I was thinking about everything what happened in these two weeks. I need a break from this. Maybe I should live with María for a while? She's probably in Spain only for a few weeks. I definitely need to call her.

I send a message to Pedri. He's at his parents, maybe he can get her number.

hermana😝: You're still in your parent's house?