Fortress

A man with iridescent eyes is lurking in the shadows. He is walking along the narrow passages of the catacombs.

He pressed his palm unto the rough surface of the wall and it swirled like liquid. It started forming into a mirror. The man started speaking in Aramaic. The words are coming out like a hymn.

"Do you think they will come?"

Another man suddenly appeared from the shadows. He had the same iridescent eyes, olive skin, dark hair, tall and slender body as the one in front of the mirror.

The other man stopped chanting and looked at his twin brother. He rubbed the side of his face before answering.

"They must. The energy of the world is starting to shift. People are becoming more aware."

He said before putting his attention back to the mirror on the wall.

"The descendants of the Templar are on the move. The veil of the dimensions are becoming thin. The apple is no longer safe."

He placed his palm once again on the wall and it returned to its original form.

"I am inevitable for I am Death but this shift is taking its toll on these mortals. Many more would die if the apple fell on the wrong hands."

The newcomer said. His twin brother, Lief, looked at him.

"Time keeper has been trying her best to will them to come. She refuses, however, to give them a glimpse of their past. Charlotte bargained her past for this present."

Lief said before putting his leather hood over his head. Death did the same thing before speaking.

"I'm good at bargaining. I am Death."

——————

"Here it is."

Engfa said when they arrived at her grandmother's house. It was a two storey old house.

"I called the caretaker yesterday."

Engfa said before opening the front door. It gave out a creek as she pushed it open. A soft breeze welcomed them. The inside of the house was a bit dark.

"I think my grandmother's old room is upstairs."

Engfa said before walking ahead of the group. They followed her silently.

"Why do I get a Ghost Busters feels."

Freen said while climbing the stairs. Becky chuckled. The group reached the landing and walked the hallway to the farthest end. Engfa opened the door on the right and they were welcomed by a cold breeze.

"This room looks familiar."

Freen said while scanning the room. Becky pouted her lips while thinking.

"I agree."

She said. The floral wallpapers are already peeling off if the wall. Becky ran her hand on the brass bed frame and looked at the group.

Their attention was drawn to a small door on the left side of the room.

"I think my grandmother's stuffs are stashed inside this room."

Engfa said before opening the door. She gently turned the knob and pushed the door open. A strong gust of wind came out of the room. It's as if a tornado was waiting inside for them.

The door swung fully open and they were swallowed by the strong wind. Charlotte tried to grab the side of the door frame but to no avail. Freen, Becky and Engfa's shouts were drowned by the sound of the wind.