Sleeping in

"You look tired," Tony said watching Peter as he stumbled out of the elevator, the kids hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks, sluggishly carrying his school bag over his shoulder

Peter had raised his head at the sound of Tony's voice and now the older man could clearly see the tired look in his eyes and the worrying dark bags underneath them.

"What?" Peter hummed dragging his eyes to Tony as he walked over to the kitchen isle, dropping his bag off his shoulder onto it. Tony walked his way around the couch, finishing putting on his cufflinks. "I said you look tired," he finished. Peter stared at Tony for a second, almost like he was processing what the man had said.

"Oh yeh." Peter sighed after a while, his eyes tiredly trying to stay open to look at Tony and the older man raised an eyebrow. "When's the last time you slept?" Tony asked, playfully ruffling Peters hair as he walked past.

Peter let out a mix between a whine and a groan, hands lifting up to try and fix his hair as if it wasn't a mess in the first place. "I don't know," Peter sighed, opening his school bag up and pulling out some books.

"What do you mean you don't know," Tony said turning back to look at the teenager but Peter wasn't looking at him, he was just laying out books onto the counter, most likely about to start working. The boy only responded to Tony with a shrug, a pen now lazily held in his hands as he sat himself up on a stool.

Tony stared at Peter for a little longer before he looked at his watch, then he looked back up to Peter. He had been looking for an excuse all day. Bingo.

"You have to sleep," Tony called over to the boy, now removing his cufflinks, he removed his tie as well, unbuttoning his top button, thankful his shirt was no longer choking him.

"I will." Peter mumbled, turning the pages of his book, not looking at all like he was going to take Tony's advice. He just propped his head up with his free hand, a quiet yawn drawing from his mouth.

"Not later, now." Tony said firmly, walking over to the young superhero, taking ahold of his shoulders and practically yanking him away from the seat. Peter let out a sudden surprised noise as he was pushed to walk towards the couch.

"What are you doing," Peter groaned, hands raising to rub his eyes quickly. "We're going to sleep." Tony grinned grabbing a blanket off the arm of the couch and Peter blinked a few times trying to wrap his head around what Tony had said.

"Don't you have a meeting?" Peter questioned as Tony began to rearrange the pillows on the couch, calling to Friday to have her tint the windows, reducing the light in the room.

"Nope."

Peter stared at Tony and looked back over to the now discarded tie and cufflinks on the counter. Ones he clearly remembered Tony just putting on. "Friday when is Mister Starks next meeting?" The boy asked, now staring back at Tony.

"In three minutes Peter."

Peter gave Tony an unimpressed look and the older man only shrugged, "I've been in enough meetings to last me a lifetime." He argued making his way back over to Peter.

He held his arm out towards the couch, signalling for Peter to sit down and the young boy rolled his eyes, he looked at Tony and then to the couch. His body knew the answer but he had homework to do.

Peter didn't even have time to argue because Tony was grabbing his shoulders and moving him to the couch instead. The man pushed him to sit down and then took a seat next to him, propping his feet up on the table in front of them.

"Mister stark I have so much work-" Peter tried to argue while Tony leaned to the side, putting his glasses on the coffee table. But Peter was cut short by a yawn and he covered his mouth to block the sound.