3:2:84

All seven Pogues now stood aboard the boat that Kie and I poached from Rafe. I watch from the main deck as JJ unties the ropes binding the vessel to the dock.

"Yeah, so I have just a couple of questions," JJ starts. He just finished untying one section and was beginning to move on to the other.

"Okay, I'll answer them," I reply, brushing hair out of my face.

"A Lagoon 620 with twin 150 Volvos. You understand we can go anywhere with this thing, right?"

"Yeah, you know we did the best we could but, it's kind of a dump," I joke.

"Way to be discreet, by the way. What did they want anyway?" JJ tosses the rest of the rope onto the deck of the boat and walks over to me.

"You're never gonna believe it. Denmark's Diary."

"Why?" JJ asks me, a little taken aback.

"I have no idea. Something about leading to a treasure that's even bigger than the Merchant."

"You're saying there's a bigger treasure?" He steps up onto the boat and pulls me towards him by the waist.

"Mhm," I reply with a cheeky smirk, draping my arms over his shoulders.

"Then, sign me up." JJ leans in and kisses me softly.

"Come on, guys! We gotta go!" Cleo's voice rings out, interrupting the moment.

I groan and throw my head back in annoyance. "Buzzkills."

JJ chuckles lightly and supports me with a strong hand on the small of my back as I lean away. He pulls me back in and tucks a stray hair behind my ear. "Don't worry. We've got plenty of time. I'm just glad you're back."

My skin shivers with goosebumps at his insinuating words. "Awh, are you saying you missed me?" JJ plants another peck on my lips. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes. I missed you, I missed you, I missed you," he says, dotting kisses all over my face in between phrases.

I giggle softly, "JJ!" The feeling of his lips on my skin tickles and I shrink back. "We should go help." I turn to walk past him and go join the others, but I don't make it far. JJ's arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me backwards into him. I shriek in surprise, but my shock quickly evaporates as my back presses up against his chest. I cross my arms over his and fidget with the fabric of his blue button-down between my fingers. I feel his breath fan my ear and his stubble brush against my cheek.

"I love you," he whispers.

I crane my neck to look up at him. My cheeks feel flushed and warm and I'm smiling so hard that my face hurts, but that isn't going to make me stop any time soon. "I love you," I whisper back. I reach up, place my hand on the side of his face and pull him down to kiss me again, but a loud noise interrupts us.

"Hey! John B! What are you doing?" Pope shouts.

"I'll be right back!" Down from the very top deck of the boat, John B hops down onto the main deck just feet away from JJ and I.

"What are— What?"

"John B! Hey!" JJ calls, letting me out of his grasp.

"Be right back!" The boy takes off running down the dock and looks back briefly. "I love you, Sarah!"

Pope turns to us and shakes his head disapprovingly. "What the hell?"

I shrug. "Come on."

Up top, all of us gather equally confused. Sarah glances out into the distance in the direction that her boyfriend had taken off in.