Chapter 4

*Luke's POV*

I waited patiently for her to share what was on her mind, growing concerned as I noticed her nervous demeanor. "Remember the flashback I had back at the cabin?" she asked, and I nodded eagerly, urging her to continue.

"We were married," she blurted out abruptly. I stood there, taken aback by her sudden confession, trying to process her words. Sensing my shock, she continued, revealing that we had referred to each other as Mr. and Mrs. Parker. As I looked at the building's banner, realization dawned on me - this must be our building.

"Why didn't you tell me everything?" I asked, feeling a twinge of irritation that she had kept secrets from me, especially when we were both in the same situation.
"I don't know, I was embarrassed. I didn't know how to tell you," she admitted, looking down in shame. Without thinking, I gently lifted her chin, meeting her eyes. "I understand," I said, smiling as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Confused by my own actions, I cleared my throat and quickly composed myself. "We should head inside and see if we can find any clues," I suggested, eager to break the awkward silence. She nodded, and we made our way towards the door.

*Her POV*

After what felt like hours of searching, every room we entered was disappointingly empty. My hope of finding any answers in this place was dwindling. Suddenly, I heard Luke's voice echoing through the building, "Hey, come here, I think I found something!" I quickly exited the room I was in and began to search for Luke through each room I passed. After checking several rooms with no sign of him, I let out an annoyed huff.

"Marco!" I called out, hoping to locate him. Luke's head popped out from the railings upstairs, a boyish grin on his face. "Is this the part where I say Polo?" he asked, clearly amused. I looked up at him and shrugged, "Well, at least now I know where you are." He chuckled and motioned for me to join him.

As I ascended the stairs, Luke excitedly announced, "I think I found my office." I entered the room to find a chaotic mess. "So, now we know you're also a messy person," I teased. Luke defensively crossed his arms. "You don't know that! Maybe a small earthquake shook everything," he said, looking like a little kid. I couldn't help but laugh, "Sure, Luke."

But that wasn't what he wanted to show me. Pointing to the wall behind me, he drew my attention to the many diplomas hanging there. One in particular stood out, centered among the others, exuding an air of importance. "Luke Parker...Biomedical Science," I read aloud, my voice filled with intrigue.

"There's more," he said with a smile as he walked towards the desk. He picked up a picture frame that was placed right beside the computer. "Your flashback was definitely accurate," he added, a small smile playing on his lips as he handed me the frame.

The picture showed us standing in front of a massive aquarium filled with sharks. What caught my eye, though, was the diamond on my finger as I held up my hand to show it off. Luke had his arm around my waist, and we gazed at each other with adoration.

I was speechless. Completely and utterly speechless. All I could do was stare at the picture and yearn for the day when things could be like that again.

I blinked away the tears before Luke could notice and handed the frame back to him. I couldn't keep dwelling on the past. I needed to focus on my future, which could only happen if I escaped from wherever 'here' was.

"We should check the computer for any important information," I suggested, walking towards the desk and sitting down. "I tried to access it, but it's password-protected. I'm looking to see if I wrote it down anywhere." Luke updated me as he rummaged through the drawers.