13. I Can See You (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]

*WARNING: This chapter may get descriptive and suggests sPiCy things. Children, you have been warned, so watch your mind and eyes.*

"You brush past me in the hallway"

***April's POV***

"Are you busy this Friday night?" Spot asks as we lay in my bed that night. After bowling, I went to Home Ground with my friends. They didn't ask me where I had been, even though I'm pretty sure they all wanted to.

Now, I'm lying in my bed with Spot wrapped around my back with his head buried in my neck. It's the most content I've felt all day, and it scares me. Am I falling for him? Actually, I know I'm falling for him. That's why it's scaring me.

"Um, I think that's movie night," I say. "Why?"

"No reason."

I turn in his arms to face him. He lifts his head to look at me, and I brush his hair out of his face. "Why do you ask? I can skip if it's something important."

Spot shrugs. "Aaron texted me an invite to a gala ball that his mom is holding. His family is rich, by the way. He told me all the guys were going and it would be cool if I could come. He said I could invite you too. It's this Friday night, but if you're busy or don't want to go that's fine. I don't even know if gala balls are your thing."

I laugh. "I don't know if they are either, I've never been to one. But I mean, it sounds kinda fun. How fancy are these things?"

"Aaron said the theme was black tie."

I groan and drop my head to Spot's shoulder. "I'm going to have to go shopping for a fancy dress that I can't afford."

"Aaron said that if the dress code was a problem for you that his sister would be chill with you borrowing one of her old dresses. I can go over there with you sometime this week."

"Damn, your buddy Aaron thought of everything, didn't he?"

Spot laughs. "I think he really wants us to come."

"That's what she said," I whisper. Spot laughs, which makes me laugh.

"We can talk more about it tomorrow. Let's just go to sleep for now," Spot says, tightening his arms around me.

"Okay," I say contently, snuggling into his chest.

On Wednesday, I go with Spot to Aaron's house to try on dresses. I'm nervous when we pull up to the house.

"Welcome to the Barrett resident," Spot says, pulling up in front of the huge house. No, bigger than a house, a mansion.

I gape at the mansion and then look towards Spot. "Oh my gosh, they're like super rich. I'm not ready for this." I look down at my basic ripped jean shorts and black tank top.

Spot chuckles and tips my chin up with his finger. "You look great. You'll be fine, it's just Aaron and his sister home right now. You met Aaron, he's chill. And I promise you his sister isn't one of those stuck-up girls."

"Did you hook-up with her?" The question slips out before I can't stop it. I wince. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. You don't have to answer."

Spot sighs. "You're fine. To answer your question, I almost did. Aaron found us before we could. Probably for the best anyway, he was ready to beat me up just finding us kissing. I don't know what he would have done if we had gone further. Anyway, Jade and I put those feelings behind us a while ago." He leans over and kisses my cheek. "You have nothing to worry about, because you're all I can think about now."

I blush and look down at my lap. "We should probably go in."

Spot gets out first and comes around to open my door. He grabs my hand and helps me out. "We're good?"