27. 22

"It feels like a perfect night"

***April's POV***

"Tonight is going to be great," Izzy says as she finishes my makeup. We're leaving for Homecoming in ten minutes with Jack, Crutchy, and Davey. The rest of the boys are taking a different car.

"Are you going to dance with Mush?" Sarah asks as she stares at herself in her long sparkly blue dress in my full-length mirror. My dress is similar, but it has white sparkly flower designs on it too. Izzy is wearing a white dress with flowers on it.

"I don't know. Doesn't he have a date?"

"No," I answer as get up and stand by Sarah. "He told me he was going to ask someone, but he chickened out because he didn't think she would say yes."

Izzy scoffs. "Anyone who would say no to Mush is stupid."

Sarah squeals. "Oh my gosh you're so in love with him!"

Izzy rolls her eyes. "Am not."

I laugh. "You so are. But it's okay, because I'm so in love with Spot."

"At least you guys are dating."

I shrug. "Sometimes it doesn't feel like it."

Sarah shakes her head. "No, we're not having these talks tonight. Tonight is about fun. It's a perfect night to dress up and make fun of our exes."

"We'll have breakfast at midnight and fall in love with strangers," Izzy mocks. "We're not twenty-two, Sarah."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I think we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical," Sarah says, smirking.

"I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU! BUT I'M FEELING TWENTY-TWO!" I shout.

"STOP SHOUTING TAYLOR SWIFT!" Crutchy yells from downstairs. "And let's go, everyone's waiting!"

"Hold on, quick mirror picture," I say to the girls, grabbing my phone. We pose in front of my mirror while I take the picture.

As we leave my room and head downstairs, I send the picture to Spot.

     Me: *image sent*

     Spot<3: looking cute, have fun tonight     Me: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT WHEN WE FORGET ABOUT THE DEADLINES IT'S TIME OH-OH     Spot<3: I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I'M FEELING 22     Me: EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IF YOU KEEP ME NEXT TO YOU     Spot...

     Me: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT WHEN WE FORGET ABOUT THE DEADLINES IT'S TIME OH-OH
     Spot<3: I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I'M FEELING 22
     Me: EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IF YOU KEEP ME NEXT TO YOU
     Spot<3: wish that could happen spark but it can't so you go have fun with your friends
     Me: thanks, i'll text you later
     Spot<3: love you
     Me: love you too

When I look up from my phone, the group has already started taking pictures. I hope in for a group one, then a few with the boys.

"Wait, Mush and Izzy should get one together!" Sarah suggests. Izzy goes red when Mush looks at her.