(17) First Chemo Day

Two Weeks Later,

After meeting with her new oncologist, and OB. Whitney was finally scheduled for her first chemotherapy appointment. Robert cleared his schedule, while Billie Ann went to spend the day with her parental grandparents. 

"You don't have to stay Robert. I know you have work and clients." Whitney said as the nurse started an IV line. 

"Whitney I cleared my schedule. I'm not going to let you do this alone." He said as he interlaced his hand with hers. 

"Ms Jacobs we are going to start the medicine now." The nurse said 

Whitney looked down, as she began to feel the medicine take effect. She moaned as her body felt like it was on fire as she squeezed his hand. 

"It's okay Whit I'm right here." He said 

"Robbie..bucket" she said 

He quickly grabbed the bucket, and she puked as he held her hair back with one hand. He rubbed her back with the other. 

"It's ok sweetheart you are good." He said as the nurse took it and brought her another one along with a chemo Popsicle to help eliminate the nausea. 

When the appointment was over they went back home, he carried her inside as she was so tired. He laid her in his bed covered her up and let her sleep. Ann brought home Billie Ann. 

"How's mom?" She said 

"Tired she's resting. It took a lot out of her the nurses and doctors said it would be hard on her body." He said 

"Oh ok..I'll try and be quiet." She whispered as she went to her room.

"You don't have to sweetheart she's in my room." Robert said 

"Ok." She said as she took her shopping bags upstairs.