(26) Performance Night

Two Months Later,

It was the night of the performance, Billie Ann did her hair and make up with the help of her mom. Bucky came over to pick her up he walked up to her room.

"Wow baby look incredible." He said 

She smiled, "Thank you. I like the hair. You look like Elvis with slicked back like that." She said 

"Now you sound like dad. He's been saying that for years with every tux my grandma gets me. He asked me if I needed a cape today." He said 

She grabbed her two dress bags with her show outfits in them.."let's go.." she said 

He took her bags, she told her parents she would see them there. On the way to the school Billie Ann looked over at Bucky as he drove. 

"Bucky tonight..when we get home to your house. I want you..to um..I um" she said 

He smiled at her, "Baby what is it." He said as he took her hand. 

"I want you to make love to me." She said softly 

"Ok..we can do that as long as you are ready." He said 

"I am.." she said.

They finally made it to the school, and went directly backstage. Bucky joined the others that play instruments to soundcheck his pianos. Around 545 PM all of them got their in ear monitors hooked up while the crowd gathered into the auditorium. Bucky's family and Billie Ann's got seats in the center section but near the front row. 

The lights dimmed at 6PM, and Mrs Fox walked out on stage. 

"Good evening everyone and welcome to our fall production. Tonight is something new and different. Tonight we have special singers that will be showing off their gifts. And as always all of our students are showing off the gifts rather it be vocally or instrumentally. So we hope you enjoy the show." Mrs Fox said then walked off the stage. 

The lights dimmed again, the screen dropped over the curtain and a video began to play as each of them were in the school's studio as they all sang their parts that were assigned in the song "What's Going On" the All-star Tribute. 

When the video was over everyone clapped and cheered. 

The curtains began to open as Billie Ann began "Proud Mary" with Kolton doing the Ike Turner part. Her grandmother Ann was on her feet dancing and singing with her.  When the song got faster Billie Ann started to do the infamous Tina dance then started to sing into the camera show off her sass. Ann was dancing right along side her grandaughter. Billie Ann even walked off stage to join her grandmother who taught her the dance. 

Bucky was back with the band, but he could see the screen behind him. He couldn't help but smile. Billie Ann jumped back on stage to join the girls doing the dance near end. 

The lights went out when she was done, Bucky moved to the red piano to the front of the stage, the lights went crazy as a motorcycle sound erupted through the speakers. Then he began to play the intro to "I'd Do Anything for You" by Meatloaf. 

"Oh my boy! Hell yeah!" James said as he started to play air guitar. 

"Winnie your boy my God how does it he get her fingers to move that fast at 17." Whitney said as they were sittjng beside each other. 

"I don't know." She said 

Bucky was in his zone as he head bobs and looks like a crazed maniac at times. Then it was time Billie Ann to join him for the girl part, she was sitting on the piano as she sang her part, Bucky was standing still playing and singing with her. When they finished he kissed her and whispered "Love you." She whispered it back as he helped her off the piano.