Chapter 35

Author's POV

"Sangavai..."

Hearing the younger Queen's voice she abruptly stopped the work she was doing and rushed towards the Queen and stood in front of her Queen with her head down

Sangavai - The head and only maid Valliammai agreed to keep with her.

Valliyammai looked at her pointedly....

"You are with me from the day I came to this palace...it's been 5 months and you're still afraid of me......I want to know the reason.....why??" 

The young Queen Valliyammai who is now sharpening her Sword asked her attendee...

Sangavai gulped the lump formed in the throat in fear...she looked at her beloved and scary Queen and the sharpness of her sword.......Valliyammai checked its sharpness with her thumb. She featherily touched it but blood oozed out .....smirking at that Valliyammai sucked blood from her thumb with an appreciative look , she is happy with her swords performance but not with Sangavai's silence 

the next second Sangavai's scream filled the chamber.....her eyes closed in fear she was trembling in fear, Valliammai's sword was pointed at her neck...Sangavai truly thought she was dead..... the lilting sound caused by the beads fallen from the chain she wore now spilled on the floor brought her back from the illusion of her instant death... 

she was scared and tried to open her eyes knowing that she was not dead and her Queen don't like late replies......she saw a very minute grin in the corner of the young Queen's lips... 

"I asked you something Sangavai.."

Even though Valliyammai's words sounded so calm and soft still that made Sangavai shiver...she looked at the sword then her Queen..

Valliyammai rolled her eyes and withdrew her sword...Raised her brows 

"Iee.....Ilaiya rani...... What ...exactly....... you.... want .....me .....to.. say.."

"see its not that tough.....I am not a ghost or Katteri to eat you alive.....My preference of food won't include Human's flesh...and about your question"

Valliyammai paused sliding the sword back into  scabbard and walked towards the wodden chair with intricated design anyone can say that cushion over it would be soft and comfortable. Valliyammai sat on the chair comfortably leaning back and her hand rested on the armrest..she titled her head lightly and stationed her gaze as sharp as her sword's end towards the scared Sangavai

"I don't want you to say what I want to listen........Even thought that's your work...I don't like when a women won't get a chance to voice out what she actually feels...I consider forbidding a women from her own thoughts and desire is the worst punishment anyone can give to her.....

and you know what is worse than that???" 

Sangavai shook her head negatively....Valliyammai chuckled.....

"worse than that is........women would accept that punishment with a smile and tag it as her duty.........Women considered as the place to find solace....what about her then.....no one cares...."

"You are right Ilaiyaraniyare..."

Valliammai brushed that off ...

"See I forgot about my previous question ...I just want to hear the truth.........you say Sangavai am I scary?"

"forgive me for saying this  Arasiyaree........"

Sangavai gulped but she knows she have to answer the Queen and lies won't work on her....

"You are...scary...everyone have that fear when it comes to you "

Sangavai answered truthfully....Valliyammai shook her head...