Chapter XII - A Dark Revelation

[Mami POV]

February... Some people know it as the month of love, but for me, it's a reminder of my failures in that department. Whenever I see a couple on campus or beyond, I can't help but feel jealous and angry. The one guy that I had loved so long ago, Tarou, was forced to leave me when I needed him most, and ever since then, I've assumed that relationships were nothing more than just a ploy to stab someone in the back when they're most vulnerable. I mean, why show your love for anyone if they're just gonna betray you later? Sometimes, I feel like I just want to rip them apart... but for what?  I know now that it would only cause people to get mad at me, and I don't want to make that same mistake again. Plus, I have Natsu now, and he's been helping me get past those urges a little bit. Even so, there is still one thing bothering me: the fact that Kazuya, my ex, would want to be with the likes of Chizuru, who I now know to be a rental girlfriend. I had only recently found out about her rental career, and knowing that Kazu is paying to be on dates with her, this sort of relationship is just wrong in my eyes; a true relationship should be one based on mutual trust, not by monetary gain. As such, today, I have decided that something needs to be done; I need to put that bitch in her place and make sure she doesn't get near Kazu or try to take advantage of him again.

I'm currently in Shinjuku, waiting for my prey to come into view. I told Chizuru to meet with me here at the train station at precisely 10 AM, and knowing her, she wouldn't want to be tardy. Now, I know what you may be thinking: "Chizuru has a lot on her plate with her rental job, so how did you manage to arrange this meeting?" Well, had downloaded the app for Diamond, her rental agency, onto my phone, and used it to schedule a date, and I used a fake name so that she wouldn't suspect anything. In addition, me and Natsu also agreed to meet back at the station after the affair is done, that way we can wind down.

It was now 9:55 AM, and I could soon see my target exit the station, seeming to be wondering where this "Maya" person is. Oh, if only that poor soul knew...

Me - Ah... Five minutes early are we? I wouldn't expect anything less of you.

Chizuru turned around, her face soon turning into one of shock.

Me - Hello... Chizuru Mizuhara...

Chizuru's face soon turned into one of ire, knowing full well who she was talking to.

Chizuru - Okay, Mami... What do you want with me?

Me - Oh... Nothing much... I figured that you'd need a break from your star client for a change. Speaking of, how's he doing?

Chizuru - Well... Apparently, he got sick, so we had to call off our date for today... Something tells me he could be lying though...

Me - In any case, I'm lucky to be filling in that slot for you.

Chizuru - Yeah... Thanks...

I could tell Chizuru's voice sounded strained, almost as if she's trying not to strangle me. Could she have heard about the whole thing with Sumi the other day? In any case, I felt it safer to not press the issue.