erin cuthbert - fancy meeting you again

google forms request 🫶🏻
a/n ——> just imagine that erin was in the youth chelsea team before she signed for the sake of the imagine .

Your friendship with erin started all the way back when the pair of you were teenagers , just 13and 14 playing for chelsea's under 15's . You were the first out the pair of you to make it into the scotland team . Living your best life playing together as best friends and that was probably the best two years of my entire life. Then erin got her call up for the scotland national seinor team aswell and you both couldn't be more excited to play both at club and country together.
However that went terribly wrong when at the age of 18 you tore your acl and your whole world fell down .
You were months away from moving up to the senior team , months away from making your childhood dreams come true and with one wrong movement and all those dreams had been snatched away from you .

You stayed at chelsea for your rehab , those nine months were the worst , longest months of your life the hardest months of your life .
Then you came back but you just weren't the same player you were before your injury so chelsea let you go .
Technically you were still in the academy so places were so competitive and like chelsea said there were just simply people better than her .
That was the last time you saw erin she never even bothered to try and contact her so you left it at that . Assumed your guys friendship didn't mean as much to her as it did to her .

five years later

After your injury it was like you had to teach yourself how to play again , but you didn't give up on your childhood dream . So you did just that , built up your style of play again and now you were playing the same as you were before if not better.
Ever since you injury you had been back in your home town with family whilst playing for glasgow city .
You were unstoppable out there , winning scottish player of the year on your first full season back from your injury .
Then it was your first call up for the scotland national team and as soon as you got the call up you were jumping for joy .
A couple days later the full squad was released and as soon as i saw it i scanned the page for erin's name but she was nowhere to be seen . I later found out that she had been off the pitch for a couple of weeks due to an injury which would explain why she wasn't on the squad.

That international camp really showed off my talents to the world , in our nations league game against england i even managed to score our only goal for the night but it wasn't quite enough.
This was enough for chelsea to reach out to me again in talks of a contract .
As much as i really didn't want to have to face erin , i knew i was going to have to at some stage and i wasn't going to let her ruin my career .
At the end of the day aswell it was chelsea , one of the best squads in the world there was no way i was going to say no to them .

Here you were , stood outside cobham about to sign my first professional contract with chelsea .
Before the meeting where i was going to meet all the girls the chelsea media team announced it to the instagram .

@chelseafcw

chelseafcw  : We are delighted to announce we have signed @y/n

chelseafcw : We are delighted to announce we have signed @y/n.l/n6
from glasgow city .

woso.fan6: i swear she used to play with erin
user356778: i remember that
view 1456 more comments

As i heard my name being called i opened the door making my entrance , once again my eyes scanned the room to see wether she was in the room but she was nowhere to be seen .
I thought it was quite strange , she was apart of this team so why wasn't she in this meeting .
As emma started to introduce me to the team she got interrupted by a noise coming from the hallway .
In she burst through the door just as i was about to say something about myself .
" y/n " she spoke quietly
" erin" i replied in a cold tone
The room was filled with confusion on how me and erin knew each other
but both of us just ignored it and sat on the opposite side to each other .

I wasn't expecting me and erin to go back to being as we were all those years ago but i also wasn't expecting her to completely ignore me .
It is what it is but i still couldn't understand what i had done to upset her so much but i guess she had just moved on . Forget about the friendship we had once had and just forgot that i had ever existed in her life .
I took the way she treated me to heart , we were once so close and now we are just like strangers .

You made your debut against bristol city just two weeks later and within the first 10 minutes your debut goal had been scored .
That game you managed to score two goals within a matter of 60 minutes.
I even thought that there was a chance for me to score a hatrick but that was taken off me by a sliding tackle .
A sliding tackle that left me lying on the pitch , clutching my ankle .
The news came out that i had broken my ankle and i was devastated to say the least .
I had only just got to chelsea and i was already stuck on the sidelines, i hated it .

After the game was the first time that erin had actually spoken to me properly since my move to chelsea . " y/n/n i am sorry to here about your injury , please let me know if there is anything i can do to help you " erin says
" thank you ez i really appreciate it " i say whilst smiling .
That smile stuck on my face for the rest of the day , i was so happy about the fact that we were back to calling eachother our old nicknames . It brought me back to the time of my life where it all felt so perfect . The time before everything went so wrong .

From that day it was like me and erin were back to besties again . Every step of my injury she was there for me , when i couldn't move around my own house she was there for me . Let me go move into her own house for the duration of my injury .
She was there every step of the way for me . That is we're our friendship started to blossom again .

A/N
obviously half term is over now to updates are going to be much slower but please keep requesting ♥️