uswnt - i am gald she told me

request from google forms 🫶🏻

Tw
➡️ sh ( if you struggle with this don't read and feel free to message me ) ,
Disclaimer ➡️ I know mal is married and this would never be true but just imagine it.

From being a young child playing in football with your two older brother to going on to making you national team debut at the age of 16 you couldn't ask for a better career so far . Now being 22 you had been around the uswnt for quite a few years forming friendships with your teammates .  You had also managed to find yourself your dream girl during the process . The very difficult process .

Heading into one of the pre world cup camps you could not be more excited. I had been a little while since the two of you had been seeing eachother which was very odd for the pair of you . However since your recent signing to san diego wave the only real chance you get to see each other now was on national camp .
Now that you were in the taxi on the way to the camp you couldn't contain your excitement. The fact that soon you would actually be able to see your girlfirends face in person instead of it being on facetime where it had been for the past couple months .

You knew this camp was going to be difficult for you , you knew what you were going to have to do . If you were going to be honest with yourself you knew you had to tell mal about the last couple of months . Putting a smile on your face seemed to be a lot easier when you were miles away from your girlfriend. But in reality you had been really struggling the last couple of months .
After your big move to san diego from chicago red stars lots of the media were not so happy about your decision. It was mainly the red chicago fans who disliked the move considering you had spent majority of your career there . Now every second you spent on social media you were bombarded with hate comments and articles all just about your move that happened months ago .

As you went on your phone to go text your girlfriend you got distracted by the multiple articles which fled through your social media .

Grace smith uswnt star striker turned her back on all her Chicago red star teammates !

The 22 year old rising star who just recently made her big move to san diego wave after spending the whole of her professional career at chicago red stars .
It appears to be the reason for grace's transfer was a rumoured break up with her chicago teammate mal pugh. Although the couple have never come out as official there are many signs to success they are .

Scroll to read more

As my eyes scanned through the article little droplets of tears brimmed by eyes . Just as went
to click the button to continue reading the article and voice took me out of my daydream.
" ma'am we have arrived " the taxi drive spoke as i looked up at him .
" okay thank you have a great day " i spoke whilst getting out of the car.
Walking towards the entrance to camp i tried to pull myself together , tried to make it look like i hadn't just been crying . I had to make all the girls think nothing was wrong . They couldn't know anything . But since i have known majority of these girls since i was 14 is was going to be abit more of a challenge.

The first person who i spotted through the door happened to be my girlfriend. She was like a puppy bounding over to there owner and i was not quite anticipating her to leap into my arms causing the pair of us to topple onto the floor .
" come on lovebirds we got a meeting to get to " lindsey says turning her captain mode on .
I look down to be met with the sight of mal's rosie cheeks .
" aww darling it is alright , i am sure linds didn't mean to make you blush " i joke with her earning a slap round the head in return .
As we walked into the meeting room we took our usual seats next to eachother and waited for the meeting to begin .

If i am being honest i never usually payed much attention in team meeting mainly just the important stuff .  And knowing your roommate for austraila and this camp was possibly the most important. Usually we got to choose who we would like to room with but a few of us would sometimes get moved around but other than that we would get to pick who we were with . So obviously i would go with mal but this camp things were working abit differently .
Vlatko was choosing the room pairings.  As he went through the list of roommates mal's name was called alongside alex who i got along well with so i knew that she would be fine with me sneaking in to see mal every so often .  As he continued to read out the names mine was left until the very end .
" And for our final pair we have grace and rose " vlatko said as i looked up in her direction to be met with her eyes .
I had never really spoken to rose much but i did not have anything against her either . She did seem quite nice however.

Heading out towards the training pitch on my own lost in my own thoughs . I really wanted to impress vlatko ahead of the world cup , i wanted to earn my spot in the starting eleven. But with so many incredible players in the squad is was never going to be easy . No one spot was safe on the team , you had to make sure you were improving every day to be the best that you can possibly be.
In training today we were all split off into four teams to play some mini matches since we haven't played with eachother for a while .
Sadly me and mal were not put on the same team , we were not even playing against each other . She was playing the red team where as i was playing the green team .

The whistle blew signalling the start of the match as i ran of trying to get the ball . Once i had got the ball i started my run towards the two defenders stood infront of me . Trying to get the ball past emily today was proving to be a lot more difficult the usual . Pretty much everytime that i would try and get past her me and the ball would glide right past her . However today was different , the ball was not sticking to my feet like it usually did , emily was easily snatching the ball right from my feet . I wasn't myself , i wasn't playing like myself at all . As it got towards the end of the game this started to annoy me even more . i was getting frustrated i wasn't finishing any of my chances whilst the other team were constantly slipping goals past alyssa .  Now i had drop back  to be more of a midfielder to try and stop them scoring any more goals and as i did so i slid into trinity leaving her on the floor . I hadn't meant to be so aggressive with her but looking at vlatko's expression he did not seem so happy with me .
He called me over to him and then told me to head inside early to calm down . As i went to shower whilst the rest of the girls were still out training i had a chance to get into my own head . After about 20 minutes of being in the shower i headed out to see the flood of girls so hurried up get ready to avoid any unwanted questions .

TW START NOW ⚠️
As soon as i reached my room i went straight into the bathroom locking the door behind me crouching down next to the bathtub . I tried to top the negative thoughts, the thoughts that were all too familiar to me .

I had struggled with mental health since my early teenage years and i had always turned to self harm to help with my struggles . To fix my emotions but if anything it just made it worst . it just dug me into a deep whole that almost felt impossible to get out of . And still does till this day.

" the girls are probably going to be forever " i spoke out loud to myself as i dug through my suitcase to find my little black bag .

ROSE'S POV

I had been sent up to mine and grace's room to grab her to do some sort of team bonding downstairs .
As i unlocked the door to our room i thought i was going to be met with her face but instead i was met with an empty room . She must be in here somewhere we already had checked in all the other places she could possibly be . That is when i looked over at the bathroom door to see that the lock was turned . That surely must be her in there . As slowly started to walk over there the soft sound of her crying fled through the door .
" grace , are you in there " i gently say
no response
" are you alright grace" i speak up again
no response
I didn't know what else to do , i didn't know her very well either which was not making this any easier.
One thing i did know that she was very close with mal so i decided that was best option was so go tell her .

BACK TO Y/N POV

As i looked down as the red lines all over my arms i let out a deep sigh . Clean streak lost once again .
" y/n are you in there " i hear my girlfriends soft voice from behind the door .
Shit i thought to myself . I had definitely be caught now .
Before i could even reply i was met with the click of the lock along with my girlfriend's face .
" oh darling " she says looking down at me
" i am so sorry mal "  i say
" i am glad she told me " she says helping me off the floor .

A/N
GUYS i am so sorry this took over a month to come out but i was sick TWICE leading up to christmas and then i was busy over christmas but i am back now .

Anyway please can i have some REQUESTS in the comments for me to do over the rest of christmas break . Lots of love and hope you all had a good christmas x