Four

Emerald

I stare into the mirror as mother begins to straighten my hair piece by piece. I scrunched up my face as she brushed through my hair. "You know you could be a little gentle." I winced in pain.

Mother kisses the top of my head as she rubs my shoulder. "I wish I had a mother's help." She whisper to me as I held her arm.

"I'm sorry Mother I appreciate everything you've done for me." I reassured her.

Mother had a tough childhood growing up to find out your biological parents aren't your parents.

Uncle Calvin being her half sibling. My heart ached for mother.

I looked at my smokey eye makeup as I slid the red lipstick across my lips. My eyes glanced at the beautiful black long dress fitted on the mannequin.

The chest part is shaped into a heart with laced straps falling right off the shoulders. The ends of the dress is ruffled and leaves a long trail.

"It's time for the dress." Mother states in excitement. I pushed myself out of the chair as we unzipped the dress from the mannequin.

I put each foot into the dress as mother helps me pull it up. Once she zipped it up I moved around feeling uncomfortable with the dress.

"You look so beautiful." She says with watery eyes. As I dazed into the mirror while looking down at my hands disappointed. There's no reason for me to go I doubt Axels my mate.

Moon goddess possibly cursed me and Greg ends up being my mate. "These would look nice." Mother pulls out a pair of black stilettos.

I shoved myself into them feeling completely uncomfortable. "I'll be right back honey I'm going to grab black diamond necklace for you." Mother states one excitement.

I quickly threw the hells back in my closet. I rushed over to grab my black and white converses.

I pulled a pair of black socks on and then placed the converses on. "Ahh much better." I say in satisfaction.

"Well I've never thought I seen the day you become super girly." Benjamin jokes as he leans on the door frame. His perfect black and white tuxedo fitted him.

"Why are you going?" I asked him while raising an eyebrow. I thought this event is for only girls to see if he can find his mate.

"Well it is a party after all Emerald and other guys are going too." Once Benji I says that my body froze.

"Other guys?" I nervously asks as he gives me a sheepishly smile.

"Other guys as in Greg will be there." He finishes off as he looks at me confused. "Try not to kill eachother at this event. It'll be embarrassing for you to react in such a matter in front of the elders." Benjamin explains as he held his right arm out.

"So are you ready because night fall has come upon us." When I glanced outside Benjamin is not wrong. The beautiful moon shined through the room.

I grabbed onto his arm as we both walked down the long flight of stairs. My cousin decided to trip over his own feet when he sees Amelia. He tumbled down the steps causing Amelia to giggle.

Her blonde hair pinned into a sleek bun. The light pink dress full of tulle at the bottom and light pink embroidered flowers.

Benjamin pushed himself off of the ground as he quickly fixes himself. "Mi'lady." He says as he loops his arms into hers.

I truly hope those two are bonded into mates. We walked right into the limo with our parents. I played with the palm of my hands as the drive begins.

I dreaded this day I prefer myself laying on my bed reading books. "Can you calm down." Your anxiety is all over the place and causing me headache.

Benjamin raises an eyebrow at me as I share a sly smile with him. "Sorry." I murmured. The ride there contained with Benjamin repeating to Amelia how beautiful she is.

Amelia giggles continued to become louder. I just needed out of this car immediately. I felt the car jerk back as the vehicle stopped completely.

"Yes we're here!" I exclaimed with excitement.

"Sorry Ma'am is just a red light." The driver says.

My face turns completely back to sour as I slumped into the seats. Great.

......

What seemed like forever we finally arrived to the huge mansion. Females running with excitement into the mansion in beautiful dresses.

As for me, I'm the only one dressed in complete black. Well this is a funeral to me. Amelia squealed as she rushed out of the limo.

Men dressed in nice tux walking inside of the mansion as well. I slowly walk out of the limo along with Benjamin by my side.

"Mother I'm soon to be Luna why do I have to be here?" I turned around and ask my mother who's smiling from ear to ear.

"This brings back so many memories with your father and I." She squeezes my shoulders.

I stepped foot inside of the mansion as I begin to feel super weird. The beautiful huge diamond chandelier stood bright in the ceiling. Everyone were chatting amongst themselves.

I watched as people slow danced on the floor. I stood away from the crowd. My hands scanned on the expensive decor.

"Can I have everyone's attention?"Alpha Kayden says loudly. Everyone stopped what they were doing as they turned towards him.

"Today we will be celebrating Axel eighteenth birthday. Today will be the day your future Luna will be found." He raises a glass of red wine in the air. Everyone grabbed a glass from the waitress silver plates.

I kept mines down ignoring the evil glare my father is giving me. "Now I welcome you Axel!" His father cheers as everyone takes a sip from the wine.

Axel walks through the huge double doors next to his parents.

'Mate mate mate.'

I hear my wolf whispering something in my head. Im consumed in the smell of vanilla my eyes are now glowing. What caused everyone to stare at me is Axel looking right at me.

I stood there shocked and froze.

His all black tux fitted him perfectly as his black shirt is unbuttoned.

"Mate." Is all I read from his lips.

Shit this can't be real...