𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

After a whirlwind day of getting served fake divorce papers and flying halfway across the world, Aurora's feeling dazed. She can hardly believe she's standing in front of Granit, in the flesh. Her heart begins to race. Her and Granit both rush at each other at once, desperate to be in each other's arms again.

Aurora tugs Granit into a big hug, holding him tight. His arms curl around her, his face buried in her hair. "I'm so happy you made it." He said. "Me too." Aurora takes a big inhale of his familiar scent, expensive cologne and spearmint. Granit puts his hands on her shoulders and backs up so he can get a good look at her.

He lets out a low wolf-whistle as his gaze travels slowly over the length of her body, taking in the shirt number. "You've never looked sexier to me." He said. "Oh, yeah? I thought you might like this." Aurora said. "If I didn't have a match to get to in a few minutes, I'd back you into the nearest wardrobe and show you just how much I like it." Granit said.

"Easy, tiger. We've got all the time in the world." Aurora said. "Fuck, I missed you." Granit said. "I missed you, too. Especially since I thought I might be losing you." Aurora said. "You could never lose me, Aurora." Granit said. "So tell me. How the hell did Vanessa get her hands on those divorce papers?" Aurora asked.

"They looked so real." Granit bows his head with a heavy sigh. "I hoped you'd never find out about this, but there's no point keeping it from you now. A few weeks ago, your uncle came by the gym and threatened me. He said if I didn't sign the divorce papers, he'd stop paying your grandma's rent." He explained.

"What? That coward!" Aurora said. "He's even worse than we thought, Aurora. He'd do anything to get his way. Including throwing his own mother out in the streets." Granit said. "But why didn't you tell me?" Aurora asked. "Because I didn't want to worry you. You had the Bake-Off coming up and you had so much in your hands." Granit said.

"I wanted to just take care of it for you. So I started taking over the rent payments myself for your grandma. I didn't want her to know it was me. But I did want to get to know her better. We'd play cards, drink tea, watch soap operas." He said. "Granit! That's unbelievably thoughtful." Aurora said. "I didn't even have to think about it. Your grandma's the sweetest woman ever. I can see where you got it from." Granit said.

"I'm just glad I could help." Suddenly, Granit's smile turns melancholy. "As you know... my mom died when I was just a kid. My dad, well... he wasn't a father to me. He was violent. He damaged me in ways I'm still dealing with... he wouldn't even tell me he loved me. Never once have I heard him say those words."

An ache opens in Aurora's chest, painful and raw. The image of Granit, young and vulnerable, makes her heart crack in two. "I ran from home when I was just a kid. I started fighting just to survive." Granit said. "Granit, that must of been so difficult." Aurora said. "I can't even imagine. It was tough. But things are better now... I have you, after all." Granit said.

"I gave up on the idea of having a family of my own. That was something other people had, not me. But then I met you." Granit's eyes meet Aurora's. The tenderness in his gaze makes her heartbeat quicken. "You felt like a kindred spirit, immediately. You lost your parents young. Your extended family are assholes, to say the least."

"That's why you and your grandma's bond was so touching to me. All you have is each other." Tears spring to Aurora's eyes. Granit's eyes look a little glassy, too. "I guess, I just... I don't know. The past few months... it kind of felt like I finally have a real family, too. Maybe you don't feel the same. I know I don't really fit." Granit said.

A sad, tiny smile curls at Granit's lips, sending another crack through Aurora's heart. "But... it's meant the world to me." He said. "Granit, you feel like family to me, too. You fit. You're like the missing puzzle piece I've been looking for. Without my parents, like you said, it's just been me and grandma. But it gets lonely with just the two of us."