Sweet, benevolent Moon.

Rhaena's hand stroked him to refocus his gaze, but Luke was unable to take his eyes off the empty chair Aemond had left behind. No one seemed to notice, though the Maester had asked the nearest guards to follow in Aemond's footsteps. The meat had gone cold, and all his appetite was fading fast. He found it hard even to swallow from his cup, and he had an immense desire to follow Aemond as well. It was like that night when he had laughed at him at dinner. The only difference was that Luke was fully aware of his offence, and had caused it in a state of sobriety.

"Theatricality runs in the Hightower's veins, by the looks of it..." Baela mentioned as soon as she'd finished her meal.

"What do you mean?" Rhaena had finished as well, but had remained more intent on her betrothed than on pursuing dinner conversation.

"Father told me some time ago that Alicent Hightower, who had always been a wolf in sheep's clothing, Rhaenyra's shadow, arrived late to the wedding of the then Princess. In the middle of the King's speech."

"Well, father should have had some admiration for her...he's not a humble man either." Baela rolled her eyes at her sister's response. She had never been aware of the clear favoritism Daemon held for the eldest of his daughters. It was a subject Rhaena only spoke of with her mother, and when she died, she spoke of it with Lucerys.

"What's it to be a wolf in sheep's clothing?" Bryndemere interrupted.

The sisters fell silent, instantly remembering that they were in the presence of a child, much to the chagrin of a Lord.

"These are grown-up things, Bryn." The Maester hurried the boy along.

"Like tits and vaginas?" His tone was one of pure innocence, but that didn't stop the sisters from letting out a low chuckle.

"Bryndemere!" the Maester chided.

"Sorry..."

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is a person who presents themselves as someone good, willing to help you, and then tries to do the opposite, because they're actually evil." Baela was still smiling as she explained to the young Lord.

"And being late for a wedding is being a a wolfinsheep'sclothing?" The boy was still confused.

"Well, it all depends on the situation...that was the beginning, Lord Bryndemere..." Luke was now observing the amusing tone Baela had adopted, he didn't like the theme she had chosen. "Alicent is a wolf in sheep's clothing because she spent years sitting her children at the table with the Velaryon Princes, and when they finally disappeared from the room, she made a plan to finish them off. She's turned her children into strange creatures willing to do their worst...just out of envy."

"Baela, stop with that," Luke begged her. Rhaena and Baela exchanged a look of confusion.

"Why, aren't you furious?" The smile was gone. Luke didn't answer. "Aegon has stolen the throne from your mother...They stole the dragon from my sister, Luke, from your betrothed...

All it took was for him to rise and look at her for Baela to shut up instantly. And if it had been any other man, the Princess would not have given up, but it was Luke, and that look of hatred was totally new to her.

"And I gouged out Aemond's eye minutes later! And instead they gave me medicine to sleep well and Driftmark as an inheritance. Aemond was after me...to give some justice to my life...and Arrax ended up suffering it. Arrax died for me, I watched him die...I dragged him out to sea to rest." The room was silent, but Luke was overwhelmed by the noise that existed only in his head. "Don't tell me how I should feel about that."

He let go of Rhaena's hand, and began to walk again, not towards the chambers, but towards some terrace, he wished to feel the cool night air rather than be so close to Aemond again.