Another regrettable accident.

All the women in the room felt their fair share of hurt at the court's proposal to release Lord Frey from the dungeon. But no one said anything when Rhaenyra accepted. It was a common thing, letting nobles escape after committing crimes against their vassals. And if it were up to Rhaenyra, she would have castrated him instantly. It had been she who had seen her servant weeping and trembling in one of the corners. She had comforted her and sent Lord Frey to the dungeon. Already ravens had come to Dragonstone calling for the release of the pervert, the second son of the Lord Frey who really ruled The Twins. In front of the court he had to declare him blameless.

On Lucerys' second visit to the dungeons, Rhaena accompanied him, knowing full well the plan they had worked out all night. Aemond, on the other hand, knew nothing. Before the news of his release had reached Lord Frey, Rhaena had walked in front of him, according to the plan. Of course, the man didn't hold back a lustful look and immediately blurted out a comment.

"Pretty girl...they say you have no dragon to ride...down here I have something you can ride all night..."

"Has all this time in the dungeon taught you nothing, Lord Frey?" Luke proceeded to place Rhaena behind him, shooting the man a look of disgust.

"I've been locked up because the oh-so-great queen has the slight flaw of being a woman! Exaggerated and ignorant of true pleasure..."

"You dare too much to speak thus of your queen."

"She may be very queenly, but without our support she loses this war...I will speak of her as I wish. Let her dare to kill me."

"Too much self-esteem you have for yourself being little short of a rapist...you have not a hair on your head for a Lord," Rhaena assaulted him.

"Oh...what a fierce little girl...a lot of talk, I think...I'm becoming more and more convinced that women are only good for one thing...spreading their legs".

"Princess Rhaena was not wrong in her opinion, Lord Frey," Aemond's voice echoed off the walls, and everyone turned to look at the Targaryen. "You are a disgrace to your family, though you have never been an overly ambitious house..."

"I hear it from the imprisoned wimp! What one has to listen to...Prince Aemond...son of the whore Alicent Hightower...your mother at least knows how to do her duty, too bad she's the ambitious one..."

The blond shot him a look of hatred, knowing full well that behind bars he could not act. But Lucerys did speak, carrying out his plan.

"Aemond would cut you to pieces with the most vulgar sword he could find, Lord Frey, be very careful with your words."

"HA!" The man began to laugh. "A pity we'll never know, they'll end up chopping his head off if the queen knows what's good for her..."

"I may be executed, but I will not die before I see you drown in your own blood, Frey..." Aemond said.

They let the man laugh, as Rhaena and Luke approached Aemond. They gave him food and water.

"They're going to let him out," Luke whispered. "Executing him would be a bad idea."

"Fantastic..." replied Aemond wryly.

"Relax, so far our plan is going well." Rhaena reassured him. "Tomorrow you'll both be called to court, a sentence will be carried out."

"And we will defend you, but you need to prove your loyalty...if that's what you want..." Luke pronounced it carefully. Aemond had never declared himself in Rhaenyra's favour, despite having saved Luke's life. He trusted that Rhaenyra's feelings of gratitude towards Aemond were greater than the crown's duty.