Ms. Imperfect

——

Imperfect

/ (ɪmˈpɜːfɪkt) /

adjective

:not perfect; faulty or incomplete.

——

Start: 12:23am Sunday, November 11th, 2001
-
(Third person)
-

Hiram and Hermione sat in a car, with a slightly older version of baby Veronica Lodge strapped into a car seat in the back. They were parked in the lot of a building named Cradle of Hope, an adoption center.

Months earlier, Hermione had given birth to Veronica. She longed for another child, but Hiram was adamant against Hermione enduring another nine months of pregnancy. He also didn't want a third daughter. The idea of having yet another girl frustrated him, but he acquiesced to make Hermione happy.

Initially, when Hermione expressed her desire for a second daughter, Hiram was not on board.

"Look, I can barely handle raising one child, let alone two. And now you want to raise a child that's not even ours?!"

Despite his resistance, Hermione eventually convinced him.

As they walked into the building, a kind woman greeted and assisted them.

"And here is the room for the babies," the woman said.

Hiram carried Veronica, while Hermione surveyed the children as if she were selecting a dress for prom.

***

***

"Her

"Her. I want her," Hermione said, pointing to a baby who was smiling up at her from a crib.

Hermione leaned closer, reading the name tag that read Y/N Jones.

***

Y/N's name was changed to Y/N Lodge. Over the years, as the two adoptive sisters grew up, Y/N began to realize that her family harbored feelings of resentment toward her for reasons she couldn't understand.

***

A/N: what you guy's opinion on this?