~Langdon's Interest~

'At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.'- Natalie Wood.

Venable's POV:

I have Gallant chained up in front of me, stripped down to his white pair of underwear. I ask him, "Langdon. How long have you known him?" He answers, "In my soul, I've known him always." Mead whips him from behind and he screams in pain, "Ah! Rip Taylor!"

Amber's POV:

All I can hear are the screams of "Rip Taylor!" And "Larry Kramer!" That sound like the screams of Gallant. It isn't until then that I am taken to a room, I panic silently as I do my best not to show fear.

Venable then comes into the room with the tall feminine bodyguard. Venable asks me, "How do you know Langdon?" I look at her confused, "What? I don't know Langdon." I get whipped, "Ahh!!!"

She asks me again, "I shall ask again, you selfish brat. How do you know Langdon?" I tell her, "I don't know him, Ms. Venable, I've never seen him before in my life!" I get whipped again, "Ahhh, God!!" I beg her on my hands and knees, "Please! Ms. Venable! I don't know him! I really don't! I've never seen him before in my life!"

I continue to get whipped, as if to show that she doesn't believe me. The tears start to fall from my eyes, "Please, stop hurting me!!" Just then the doors open, I don't see who it is as I tuck my head and body into a cradled position, as I try to comfort myself from the extreme pain that I feel.

The mysterious person who saves me from torture turns out to be Langdon. Their attention turns from me to him, "Mr. Langdon..." He holds up his right arm hand like he did at dinner and says, "Venable. Venable. Venable." He taunts her as he walks around her to look at the scene in front of him-to see Venable and her tall bodyguard woman torturing me with a whip.

He tries to hide his concern as he sees me in a cradled position, he turns to Venable, "Don't you have anything better to do than to torture the poor girl?" She says, "But she's lying." He then points out, "But she's not. I've never seen her before. In case you've forgotten, Venable- I'm interviewing everyone. Not just you."

She then escorts herself and the bodyguard out of the torture room. Langdon walks towards me, but I shy away from him in fear that he would hurt me. He puts a gentle hand on my shoulder and rubs it, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

I ask, "Are you sure? That's what Venable said before she whipped me." He helps me stand up as I try to balance myself again. He says, "May I have a look?" I become confused, "I don't know." He asks me, "Why so unsure?"

I say, "I'm pretty embarrassed about it." He tells me, "You're not in trouble,Amber. I know everyone in here by the files I have of them. Ms Venable just doesn't favor you, that's all."

He brushes a piece of blonde hair away from my face and tells me, "Make sure to put some ice on that, so that it can help ease you into sitting down in a comfortable position again." I nod my head, "I will. Thank you."

He asks me, "For what?" I tell him, "You did save me from having to endure more pain from Venable." He smiles at me, "You're welcome." He walks out of the room and I follow as I go back to my own room.

Langdon's POV:

After helping Amber escape from the claws of Venable, I then travel to the room where they keep Gallant, "In seconds, we can destroy everything humanity has built over thousands of years, but we will never be free of the desire to be cruel to our fellow man."

He winces in the same pain that Amber experienced only moments ago, "It wasn't so bad. Could have brought out the cat-o-nine-tails, and I still wouldn't have ratted you out." He turns to face me, "Ratted me out?" I ask him.

He grunts in pain, "For what?" He acts like I know, "You know. For coming to my room the way you did. In fact, all I could think about was our time together while they were having a go at me."

I am less than impressed with him, as I walk in front of him, to face him, "I've never been to your room." He smirks, "Right. And that wasn't you in the rubber suit, giving it to me." I state to him, "Let me be as clear as I know how to be. I wouldn't fuck you if you were the last man on Earth, and you almost are. It's not because you're not in physically attractive. It's your neediness. Your desperation to be seen and loved." I tell him in a mocking baby voice.

I change the tune in my voice to my real one, "The hole you need filled isn't in your face or your ass. It's in your heart. Besides, I'm only interested in a girl." I back away from him, "You're pathetic. I can see why your grandmother is disgusted by you."

Gallant responds, "You don't know anything about my nana." I chuckle as he faces me with confusion, "Why else would she report you? Make them do this to you. I'm sure she hopes they would put you out of your misery and hers."

He doesn't believe me, and he didn't have to, "That's bullshit" I tell him, "She's the reason you're staring at a death sentence. She would do anything to increase her slim odds of getting out of here. You know she hates your guts."

He tries to tell me, "You're a liar." I ask him, "Am I? Perhaps you should go and talk to her about it yourself, then." He then asks me one final question, "Who's the girl that interests you?"i look back at him, about to leave the room, and I say, "None of your business." I then leave the room and shut the door behind me after that.