An Unexpected Bloodline

The school bell rang for classes to be dismissed. 

(Deuce's pov) 

      I was walking back from school with Ace and Grim in the courtyard of Night Raven Collage. The sun was setting and winds had slowed down from before. 

Deuce: Hey where are Emma and Mimi? 

Grim: I don't know.

Ace: Haven't seen them. It's not like either of them to miss class.  

Grim: ...I wonder where they went. Crowley would not like it if they went missing. If they left, then I would be out of school here. 

Deuce: Let's check and see if they are in the study hall. 

Ace: Since when does Mimi ever study? 

Deuce: When Emma forces her to. 

We go to the study hall, very few people are there. And no sign of Emma or Mimi. However, there was this one person who looked familiar. I waved my hand towards his direction. 

Deuce: Housewarden Riddle sir! 

 Riddle was wearing his housewarden attire, most likely because he got out of a meeting with the rest of the dorm leaders and was catching up on some studies. He  looked up towards the calling his name with a calm demeanor. 

Riddle: Ah, if it isn't my fellow card soldiers and grim. What did I tell you about raising your voice in a study room? 

Deuce: Ah! R-right sir, sorry, I'll be sure to keep quiet. But um, have you seen Emma or Mimi anywhere? 

Riddle looked up at the clock. 

Riddle: I was supposed to have tea with Mimi this morning before classes began. But she didn't show. 

He then got up. 

Riddle: I haven't seen either of them. May I also join you three? Mimi isn't the one to normally be a no show when it comes to seeing me. So, if you don't mind.  

Deuce: Of  course! 

I covered my mouth accidentally saying that last part a bit too loud and was greeted by Riddle's signature spell. 

Riddle: Off With Your Head! 

A black and red heart shaped collar was on my neck in seconds. 

Riddle: Queen of Hearts rule number 35; you must always be quiet in a study hall or library!  

Deuce: S-sorry housewarden Riddle. 

Riddle's once annoyed gaze turned to a more calm one then removed the collar. 

Riddle: Let's go and see if they're in Ramshackle. 

As we made our way to Ramshackle dorm I looked at the sun set. Walking down that dusty old pathway to make it to the girls dorm reminded me of when we first met the two. 

Deuce: I hope that they're here. 

Grim sulked. 

Grim: ...I bet they are...they have to be...right?