A Yearbook Forgotten...

(Akira's pov) 

Akira: Okay...freaky. 

        I took a moment to look at the photo on my page of the book. Not knowing how to react to it, or I guess I just didn't want to think about it at the moment. Something happened when I saw the book open. Once again I am reminded of the fact that my faint has already been set when I was born. Forced to be following in my grandmother's footsteps. I could tell that Akari didn't like it either. True I locked her away in the back of my mind but that didn't mean she didn't have her own free will to do anything she wanted. She had restrictions. Me on the other hand. I don't have any free will when it comes to this fate. Silence filled the room, both of us taking in the situation one image at a time. Suddenly, a white feather pen appeared floating in front of me, having a beautiful iridescent glow. My eyes widened once I saw the thing, knowing that if I took that pen and signed my name on the page I wouldn't be able to go back. But that's not what we're here for. 

Akari: Wha-go away stupid feather thing! 

Akari brushed it away like it was just some type of cloud in the air. As it was fading away I felt a cold breeze in a brushly manner hit my face gently. Golden pixie dust then around the book landing each and every little speck on the corners of open pages. When the pixie dust did land on said pages the elegant boarded outline started to faintly glow light purple with a bit of blue and green then fading away completely. I looked up at Akari and we both had the same look on our faces one that didn't quite grab the concept of everything that is happening yet. 

Akari: Wough, cool...Well, don't just stand here and look at me all day! Flip the page until we find her! 

Akira: Ah! Right, right. Sorry. 

               I began to flip through the book. The pages all seemed to be kept in good condition so far, impressive considering how old the castle Akari found it in. But what would you expect coming from the eighth enchanted item that was supposed to be in the forbidden room. Each page was categorized based on a first name status, looking at the dates of this thing the book was so old that even decades of students signatures were in it. Flipping through the book trying to get to the right year, I saw many names and faces that looked familiar to me because I saw them all on the alumni portrait wall behind the headmaster's office. The year was 1965 and the first person that was familiar to me was my mother's prorate and signature. True she looked a little younger in this photo but not much has changed in her appearance other than just a few minor details to her clothing style. It's true that when my father and older siblings told me that my mother's portrait in the Storybook of Legends was beautiful but I never thought I would get the chance to see it with my own eyes.