Prologue?

The moist rock under his feet was cool to the skin, but the life it held was palpable to king Jaya. He turned around to address Vrinda, who stood by the lingam, preparing for the pooja. A little away, closer to the opening of the cave, King Jaya's oldest son, prepared the prasadam, the offering to the lord. As the young prince was concentrating on the task, Aranya Kumara looked on in adoration of his cousin.

"I am always amazed, Vrinda, at how calm I feel here, even though I am very acutely aware of the overwhelming emotions of this place."

"You think a lot." Vrinda stated not looking away from his task.

"I can feel a lot." Jaya stated, before he began applying ash over the lingam, as he and Vrinda chanted mantras.  An hour later, the father and son cousins sat a little away from the linga, partaking of the prasadam that the young prince had prepared.  

"When did it arrive?" Jaya questioned. 

"I am not sure of the exact day, but about two weeks ago, is when I first became aware of its presence." Vrinda answered. 

"I was the first one to see it." Aranya Kumara answered enthusiastically. "I told father about it. I also saw a walking rock. It was covered in moss and...."

"A walking rock?" Jaya looked at Vrinda. 

"Covered in moss." Vrinda confirmed, only to his cousin. 

"It cannot be!" King Jaya's voice echoed in the cave. "Sorry." he wisphered immediately.

The boys chuckled "I am jealous of you, Kumara." Sarva said "You have seen a legend, who has only been heard off and never seen."

"A walking rock?" Kumara asked curiously "Its a legend?"

"Has you father told you how he and I are cousins?" King Jaya interrupted. 

"Not yet." Vrinda answered instead. 

"Hmm. Shall I?" Jaya asked. Vrinda nodded. "So, It began with our great great grand parents. King Jaya looked at his son "Your cousin here, my son, is named after our great great grandfather."

"His name was Sarva?" asked Kumara. 

The young prince laughed "My full name...I mean our great great great grandfather's name is Sarvasattvavalambana!" he said, with pride. 

Kumara sat up straight and puffed his chest, like his cousin "And what was our.." he began to count on his fingers "great great great grandmother's name?" he asked. 

Vrinda smiled "She did not have a name." he said calmly. 

SARANYAM