Chapter 23

Thank you for 56k, 57k and 58k on May 31st and 59k on June 1st~❤️

Loki rn ^^

Wait, so did I ever tell you guys the lore between my cat's names?

Loki was a little shit when he was a baby so I named him Loki after the Norse God of mischievous. Gandr got his name from the world serpent in Norse mythology 'Jörmungandr'. Jörmungandr is the son of Loki lol.

If I ever get a third cat, I want an orange one. And I want to name him Elktheir. He's a deer in Norse mythology I believe, and also son of Loki. I'll nickname him Theory hehe.

P.S.: Apparently Gandr is weird to pronounce. I pronounce it 'gun' like the weapon and 'der' like in under. 'Gun''der' is how I pronounce it.

Idk if that's how you pronounce the end of Jörmungandr though.

Are there any Norwegians here to correct me? Lol.

***

I managed to avoid seeing Chan throughout the rest of the week, and all of the next week. Only bothering to see the alpha once--at the very end of the second week at the very end of the day, to tell him that my request to transfer Beomsun to a new class was denied, as the other classes were all full. Causing a hell of a lot bigger headache for me, and heartache as well, as that meant that my pup would have to see the man that rejected him for the rest of the year and just...live with that.

Is it too late for home school?

...

Yes. Because I wouldn't be there to guide him, since I would work the exact hours he would need me. And I don't want my pup to lose all of his friends and any chance of social development because of Chan. Though it's already going to be stunted because of that jerk.

Now, it was after school hours. I sat at my desk, quietly grading papers and trying not to let my mind wander. But as per usual, there was a knock on the door to drag me away from my work. Making me tense, as I was afraid it might be Chan.

He seemed like he intended to respect me and not bother me...

So it can't be him, right? It's only been a few days since that talk we had...

The door opened without an answer. And similar to the way that Chan would, a head popped into my classroom to look at me. With a pair of innocent, worried eyes, Jeongin watched me.

"Is it okay if I come in...?" He asked nervously.

I stared at him for a few moments, before I let out a sigh and nodded.

Chan was the one that hurt Beomsun, not Jeongin. I'm not going to blame his other mates for his own words.

"What's up?" I asked, as more of an obligation than anything as he came into the room.

He sent me a little nervous smile as he approached. "Minho hyung wants his jacket back..." He mumbled softly. "Could you bring it on Monday? So he can get it back?"

I nodded slightly. "Yeah, I'll bring it." I mumbled simply as my eyes fell back to the papers on my desk to rearrange.

"Thank you." He mumbled softly. And with that, the conversation died. But...he didn't leave afterwards. I paused when I realized he wasn't gonna leave, listening to his feet shuffling together and the sound of his shoes rubbing. When I looked at him, I found him biting his lip and staring at the floor, looking nervous as he twiddled his fingers a bit. His eyes flitted up to meet mine when I looked at him, before they quickly flew back down to the floor when we made eye contact.