Chapter 2: Long Time No See

The sound of sizzle reverberated in the quiet of the morning. It came with the aroma of searing fat and meat. Jungkook silently whisked eggs while he eyed the pan so as not to let the bacons burn. He transferred them to a plate once all cooked and proceeded to fry some scrambled egg.

Taehyung came down with his hair disheveled. He went to the living room first to play a vinyl of Hey Mister Cupid before dancing towards the kitchen. Jungkook raised his eyes from his cooking, watching his husband dance his way to him. He held his hand and waist, swayed and twirled him as soon as he reached him.

He let himself be moved. Like always. He detached to turn the stove off and was pulled to dance once again. The still morning is always for the two of them. No matter how tiring the previous day was or how hectic the present day will be. They will always dance. Like breakfast in the morning. It won't be complete without it.

"Good morning, love." Taehyung greeted before kissing Jungkook's lips.

"Morning, baby."

"What are you cooking?" He back hugged him.

"Toast, bacon and eggs. Waffles for Gukkie."

"I'll cook the waffles."

"Thank you, baby." He turned his head to give his husband a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Jungkook went up to their room to wake Gukkie. He didn't have school that day but whenever he doesn't, they always make him choose if he wanted to stay home or go with them to the office.

"Baby." He gently stroked his stomach. "Mama and Papa are going to work. Do you want to stay home or go to work too?"

"S-school." He replied groggily.

He laughed. "It's Wednesday. There's no school."

Gukkie blankly stared despite his wide eyes.

"You want to stay home with Grandma Ji and Uncle Choi today?"

"I want to work with grampa."

It is Seokjin who tells Gukkie that he's working whenever he's with him.

"Okay. Let's go get ready? So we can go to work."

He carried him from bed and out of the room into the dining area.

"Good morning, buddy. Are you coming with us?"

"I will work with grampa and I will be a pishogshomish."

"Pishogshomis?" Jungkook asked while he seated him.

"Physiognomist." Taehyung responded.

"We give jobs to people who will be very good."

"Oh. That's why the people who work for us are very good. Thank you." Jungkook complimented.

"You're welcome."

With a smile, Taehyung placed a waffle on his plate.

"You want maple or chocolate?"

He pointed at the chocolate syrup.

"Strawberries or bananas?"

"Strawberries!"

The still mornings are always filled with chatter as soon as Gukkie wakes up. They talk about anything and everything. From how bacons came to be to the difference between a waffle and a pancake which are both Gukkie's favorite. Taehyung and Jungkook will always have an answer. Except for the question he posed that morning.

"Mama, when will you have my brother in your tummy?"

Jungkook looked over Taehyung who quickly dropped his eyes to his plate.