Chapter 5: The Tipping Point

"Will you give them jobs?" Gukkie curiously asked Jimin.

"S-sort of."

"A different kind of job." Taehyung whispered in Jungkook's ear.

Jungkook gave his upper arm a slight hit.

"I'm a pishogshomish. Uncle Jimin, let me help you. I know when someone will be good."

Jimin nervously laughed. "It's okay. There are no available jobs already."

He quickly hid his phone. Taehyung and Jimin were scrutinizing potential dates in a dating app when Jungkook and Gukkie suddenly arrived.

"You already found the right person?"

Jimin just smiled.

"What time will you come home?" Jungkook asked while taking out food containers.

He laid them all on the table at the center of Taehyung's office.

"I honestly don't know."

They will do a last minute change on the promo of the project that will be launched soon. Yoongi, Taehyung and Jimin will stay at the office overtime.

"Instead of driving home, just stay here if it gets too late."

"But I will miss you."

Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Why can't we sleep here too, mama?"

"They won't be able to finish any work if you're here."

Gukkie chortled. "Yes, they will."

"You would want to play with papa all the time. He has to work."

"I will sleep on your side of the bed so mama will not be alone. See you tomorrow."

"You're not going yet." Taehyung dramatically pulled Gukkie into a hug.

Jimin just watched them, endeared. Taehyung isn't really who he thought he was. He thought he is irresponsible and reckless. He'd judged him then just based on the knowledge that he went back and forth with his decisions about Jungkook. And that one foolish choice that Jimin witnessed. In reality, besides the fact that he was going against Yoongi, he knew nothing about him and his struggles. Taehyung is actually a cool guy. A good guy. Now, he completely understood Jungkook. He finally understood why he steadfastly chose him. Despite everything.

"When is Yoongi hyung coming?"

"After driving Miyeon home."

"Miyeon? His secretary?"

Jungkook and Taehyung subtly and simultaneously took a glimpse at Jimin. He rolled his eyes again.

"He's just used to doing that." Jungkook explained.

They used to ride home together too. The difference is Jimin was always behind the wheel. Then, Yoongi will take over once he's home.

"It's fine. I don't care."

"How are you with that guy? What's his name?"

"Daniel."

"Daniel. Right."

"He wants to keep it casual."

Taehyung loudly scoffed.

"It's fine. I'm still going to bring him to the launch."

Taehyung let out a long sigh.

"Stop that." Jimin hissed.

"I'm not saying anything."