Chapter 9: Unequivocal

It feels like he's going to regurgitate everything he ate that morning. Not just food but all the liquid in his stomach too. He was crouched above the sink, spewing from his mouth like a faucet. He feels miserable. He despised feeling that ill. But a small yet tight grasp on the fabric of his pants coaxed him to reach down to gently stroke the tiny fist causing it.

He took a deep inhale and released a loud outbreath when it was over, sensing the acrid taste on his tongue. He immediately rinsed his mouth with water. He felt the grasp loosened and soon, he was alone. Jungkook slowly walked out of the bathroom.

"Baby?" He called weakly.

Gukkie was hovering over the kitchen island, on a stool, pouring water in a glass. His brows were almost knit together as he concentrated on dispensing from a heavy glass pitcher that was too large for his hands. Jungkook paced faster and almost let out a sigh when the boy laid the pitcher down. He quickly hopped off and carefully walked to him with the glass of water cradled in his hands.

As he watched him, moisture seeped in the corners of Jungkook's eyes.

"Mama." Gukkie raised the glass to him.

He took it before dropping down to his knees.

"Thank you. You're such a good boy."

He gave him a hug.

"You feel sick?" He asked while Jungkook gulped the drink.

"Just a little queasy."

"Did I make you feel sick too?"

His doe eyes shine, pleading.

"Sometimes, it's normal."

He took his hand and they strode back to the kitchen before settling into a couch in the living room.

"Done coloring?"

Gukkie shook his head. "Not yet."

He sat on the floor before the center table to continue with his work.

"When is papa coming?"

The number of times he asked was already beyond counting. Jungkook lied down and stared at the ceiling. It's been almost a week. God, he sorely misses him too.

"Oh!" Gukkie gasped.

He ran back to the kitchen. Jungkook sat, curious. Then, his little boy came back soon after with a banana.

"Papa said I should feed you a little after you vomit." He said while he handed it.

Jungkook's chest warmed. "My baby bunny."

He can't say anything more.

Gukkie gave his head a gentle pat pat. "While papa is not here, I'll take care of you."

His nose stung. But Gukkie never got to witness his eyes fill again. He was drawn to the front door of the cabin at the sound of a vehicle incoming.

"Papa's here!" He shrieked happily. "Mama, papa's here!"

Jungkook rose to peer at the window. His gaze landed at the car's passenger seat. Finally. There he was. He was animatedly waving at Gukkie while his head and arm were sticking out. Jungkook sighed in relief. Miles away from home, that place could finally be. Now that he has come. Taehyung shifted his head, seeking and when he did see who he's looking for, his lips curved to form its characteristic heart-shaped grin. Jungkook returned with his widest.

Taehyung breathed out. "Finally home." He muttered.

■■■

Jeon Nomin traversed the entirety of the room to sit opposite of Hoseok. He did it leisurely. In fact, too slowly that it was almost insulting. He roamed his eyes around as he did, smirking. His hand even glazed at the things he can touch on the way. Hoseok doesn't need to hear him say it. He knew exactly what's on his mind.