DOD

You are Johns TO and you are all at roll call getting the information for the day. Today is Grey has trick up his sleeve, or so he says.

"Rookies!" Grey says walking in. "We are switching up your training officers for the week."

The rookies ear perk up and you look to Tim and Angela hoping you heard Grey wrong. All three of the rookies look back at you guys and you all laugh a bit.

"They seem nervous already." You say leaning over to Angela

"Can't wait!" She says

"Ok Nolan your with Lopez, Chen with l/n, and West with Bradford. Grey says as he moves towards the chalk board. "We also have a serious case going on. Rosalind Dyer is out again and we think she planning something big." He goes through all the details explains what to keep and out for.

You have a past with Rosalind. She's been out to get you since your rookie days. You still have the DOD tattoo of you last encounter with her. You have no intention of working that case today.

Roll call ends and Lucy goes to grab the war bags with the other rookies and you stand with the other TOs waiting.

"Lucy's gonna wanna work that case." Tim says patting your shoulder

"Yeah but we won't be." You reply keeping your eye on Lucy seeing how she doing

"You don't know that." He says

"I have no need to. And I don't even think she can handle it. The things Rosalind does... they change you." You look over at him. "So If you don't mind my rookie is already ready I better get going." You say leaving him behind laughing at how slow Jackson is

"She's my boot! I taught her!" He yells behind

You watch Lucy put the war bags in the back and go to the driver side.

"Rookie! What are you doing?" You ask meeting her by the driver side door.

"Thought you would want me to drive since John drives." She replies obviously fumbling a bit from nervousness.

"Your not John. I have never been in the same shop as you. And frankly I don't wanna die today." You say getting in the shop as Lucy runs around getting in.

"So are we going to go to the Rosalind dyer crime scene?" Lucy asks

"No. We still need officers on patrol and today that means us." You reply pulling the shop out of the garage

"But what if they need help" Lucy ask

"Then they'll ask." You look over at her and back at the road. "I get it. You wanna work the interesting the famous cases, but someone needs to work the boring work. And if that's a problem.."

"No. No. It fine." She says "I can work the boring cases." She says talking to her self

After a bit you make it to your first call. A noise complaint called from the neighbors.

"Alright rookie. Go knock on the door." You say pointing the way

She knocks on the door and a man answers. "Good morning sir, we just got a call about a loud noises coming from your house. We just wanted to check by make sure everything's alright."

"Yeah everything's fine. Just had tv too loud." The man chuckles

"Alright thank you sir. Have a nice day." Lucy says turning around walking back to the shop.

"Where you going rookie." You ask

"We checked in. Everything's fine." She says

"And you believe him?." You ask razing your eyebrows