Coma

"Just take the case y/n." Tim says before taking a sip of his drink.

"But what if something goes wrong?" You sigh. "I've just got a bad feeling about this case."

"Y/n." Tim makes eye contact with you. "You have done dozens of undercover cases. What makes this one so different?"

"The unknown. This one I wouldn't know anything. And the limited contact I would be allowed." You pause thinking. "I just don't know."

"Y/n believe me when I say you've got this. You will do great and I bet it will only last a few weeks." Tim says smiling

"Thank Tim. I'll tell sarge I'll take it." You say comping his smile.

"Now that's the y/n I know." He cheers before taking another drink.

The next day at the station you were sitting at a desk preparing anything you may need for the next week or so. Information on who you are going after and a persona of who you are to become.

"L/n you almost ready?" Nyla yells from Greys office.

"Yeah just a second." You say printing out another paper before making your way to his office.

"Alright y/n. Here is the hardest part of every undercover mission." She says holding her hand out

You take a deep breath before unclipping your badge from your waistband. You hold it in your hands before handing over to Nyla. "Alright officer l/n. You know the rules. From this point forward any interaction with the station has to be accepted by Nyla or myself. And do not miss the weekly check ins." Greys says before allowing you to leave.

You get into the back seat of the car with Nyla in the driver. "So how long until we are at the motel." You ask Nyla

"Just a few minutes." There is a short pause before Nyla speaks again. "Y/n. You are going to have to wait for him to come to you."

"What?" You ask not fully understanding

"The target will find you. You cannot and will not go find him." Nyla explains

"Yeah." You say before your nerves get to you "Nyla is it normal to get nervous. I mean I've done dozens of these.

"Yeah. Everyone is different. And there is always the unknown to be nervous for." Nyla continues to drive before pulling over a block from the motel. "Alright y/n. This your stop. Just continue north until you find the inn." She say handing you the key card. You open the door. "Oh and y/n. Come back alive."

"I will. Have some faith in me Nyla." You joke causing both of you to laugh. "See you soon." You get out of the car and watch her drive away.

Weeks have passed and nothing new is happening. You've stayed at the motel and made sure to make yourself know to your target but still nothing. You wait for a few more weeks until something does happen

At the station much of the same. Not many exciting cases and everything seems normal. "Lucy can I talk with you?" Nyla whispers to Lucy while she is near the detectives desk. "Yeah of course." Lucy answers and they walk outside.

"What going on." Lucy asks

"Y/n is on an undercover mission you know and I haven't heard anything from her in over a month." Nyla says obviously worried and paranoid

"Well y/n knows what she is doing. She will be ok." Lucy says trying to convince herself

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to help me track her down. If she has gotten into contact with the target she would have been done by now." Nyla says