18. the penthouse

"I don't care if you aren't a relationship person, or whatever else you say you are, or aren't. I just want to be yours, like you said I was," I step closer to her as I speak, watching her eyes flash between different emotions. Uncertainty. Hope. Doubt. Lust. I hold my breath as she opens her mouth to say something, then shuts it again. I want to persuade her. No, I need to persuade her. I drop to my knees in front of her, and stare up at her. "Mistress," I breathe.

I can't get another word out, because she reaches down and grips my neck, applying the sweetest pressure, sending an ache straight to my core. I have to bite back the moan that threatens to fall from my lips. I haven't been touched by someone in so long, it's almost pathetic how my body responds to her. But then again, it's Emily-freaking-Prentiss. "You want to be mine, Angel?" she purrs, leaning in close. "Yes," I breathe with no hesitation. "Yes, what, darling?" she croons, pressing harder at my neck. "Yes, Mistress," I practically whimper, Emily's dominant display easily sending fresh waves of need through me.

She notices, and smirks. She leans in, her lips brushing against the shell of my ear. "Well then, my angel, mine you are," she pulls away, dropping her hand from my neck, "Of course, if this is what you choose, then I'm going to have to punish you for breaking one of the rules." I knew that was coming, and so I nod, all too willing. "I'll do anything, Mistress," I whisper. She smiles cooly. "Then you're going to walk out of my office, grab your things, and drive straight to my apartment. You aren't to talk to anyone on your way out," she directs me, "And I don't need to tell you to act like I just gave you a good scolding, do I?"

An excited tingle rushes down my spine. "No, yes, Ma'am," I stutter, as she offers me her hand. I take it, and stand. "I will text you the address once you leave," she says, and I nod. She leans in and brushes one more kiss to my lips before walking me to the door. "For the road," she whispers, pulling her door open. I duck my head to hide my blush from her, which of course is a failure. She pushes me from her office, and I start walking to my desk. "And don't forget what I said, or you'll regret it," she calls after me.

It sends a warmth through me, even though the rest of my team will take it as a threat. Just what we want. They immediately crowd me, asking me what happened. I can't respond, can't look at any of them. One, because my Mistress told me not to. Two, because if I do, I'll break and tell them everything. I ignore them all, gathering my things in a rush. I mutter a fast, "I need to go home," and race for the elevators. I dimly hear Luke, saying, "Well, there goes our night at the strip club." I only pause at the doors of the bullpen to look back into Emily's office. The blinds are opened, and she's standing in the window, arms crossed, watching me leave.

I swiftly turn and walk out, and when I get into the elevator and the doors close behind me, I sag against the wall. I smile broadly, letting out a little squeal. So much for fighting this. My phone buzzes as I get into my car. Emily. True to her word, she's sent me her address, and a time to arrive. She's given me just enough time to run home and prepare for whatever it is she has planned for me.

As soon as I get home, I take the fastest 'everything' shower in my life. I shave everywhere, double and triple checking. When I get out, I have enough time to dry my hair and give it a slight curl, then do the barest minimum amount of makeup, just enough to accentuate my features... in apparently the way Penelope told me Emily likes. I get stuck when it's time to pick an outfit, however. I can't decide what I should wear. I finally pick a simple black dress. It's tight, accentuating my curves, and comes to rest mid-thigh. It shows off what cleavage I have to offer, making me feel more confident as my nerves slowly start to set in.

As I grab my winter coat and wrap it around myself, I debate packing a bag. I have a feeling I won't be returning home tonight. I decide to fuck it and just leave, wanting to be early, in case I get lost on my way. I put Emily's address into my phone, and follow the directions to her place. True enough, I miss an exit in my nervousness and am rerouted down back roads. I finally make it to my destination with barely enough time. I rush through the lobby of her apartment complex, getting into the elevator right before the doors shut, earning dirty looks from the few other people already on it. I check my phone to make sure I'm going to the right apartment, my jaw dropping when I see PH written as her apartment number. I don't know why I'm surprised, I wouldn't have expected anything less under normal circumstances. Then again, these circumstances are definitely not normal.