another bite

I took a big bite of the squished up burger and began to chew as I sat in the dim lit room, hushed with silence with nothing but the sound of me chewing.
I took another bite hoping to just get it over with because my hair was in knots and I hated the feeling of sitting with them.
I wondered if I should shave my head, the feeling of hair has always been a little upsetting and discomforting.
I rejected the idea realizing that hair is an accessory in an outfit plus my mother would go insane if I ever did that.

Suddenly I chewed onto a piece of jalapeno.
It's spicy, slimy and a very horrible addition to a burger.
I feel mad at myself for not checking the burger before taking a bite.
I realize how much I despise jalapenos;
and I suddenly realize how much she loved them and wouldn't mind eating all of mine.

As her and I would sit to eat I would remove the jalapenos off my burger and she asked if she could eat them. She hated wasting food. She also had a clear list of things she loved and things she hated. She knew who she was.
She would correct me whenever I used the wrong grammar and would question her worth on losing an argument against me.

She would not hesitate to take her stand for me and would cry in a secluded corner whenever her father came back because he was her weakness.

I take another bite of the burger.