2

Waking up to an empty bed was a usual thing. Lately, there's barely been a time I woke up with Matt beside me.

Nothing but cold between me and the soft sheets this morning. I sat up in the bed, taking my time as I gave myself a pep talk to get up and get ready for work. I forced myself out of bed, thinking of what happened last night. It could've been worse.

As I find something to wear for work, I heard my phone ding with a text message coming through. Please don't be my boss, please don't be my boss.

Matt: You're not at work. Lateness isn't good, my love. Lunch at 1? X
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt

You: it's Saturday, I don't have work for another hour. Yeah, I'm down for lunch. P.S I'm aware you're the CEO x

Matt: it's the signature from settings, smart ass. Don't be late for lunch, please.
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt

You: One time I was late and you still can't let it go. I'm going to work, goodbye CEO. Sturniolo& Co x

I stepped into work, smiling at the lady in reception when she looked up at me. "Y/N, the boss would like to see you in his office" she smiled, making me worried and nervous.

Please, don't let this be a bad conversation

I walked to my bosses office and he waved me in the minute I reached the door.

"Close the door" he instructed and my hands became sweaty as I over thought what this could be about

I sat in one of his leather chairs as he finished an email of some sort. He looked up at me, smiling. "You're not in trouble, relax" He insisted, putting at ease. "Your boyfriend, he's the CEO of a big company, right?" I slowly nodded, not understanding how Matt was in the conversation, unless he managed to slip a business deal with my boss. "Would you mind setting up a dinner with him?"

"Uh..he's busy right now. I barely get dinner with him, but I'll try my best" I agreed, curious to know what he wanted to talk to Matt over dinner about. Asking would be the right thing to do, but Matt doesn't like me involved in his deals and clients.

"Very brief, whenever he's available" he smiled, dismissing me as he looked back at his computer.

I walked to my own office, immediately setting eyes on the bouquet of flowers on my desk. They were beautifully arranged, not one was out of place.

This could only be the doing of one man.

"I see last night went well" Tara smiled, peeking into my office. She walked in, observing the bouquet of roses.

"It didn't go all too well, but it was successful on Matt's part"

She hummed. "He stopped by earlier and put them on your desk"

"Well, either he's done something or he's going to do something. He doesn't randomly do this without a reason"

"Or maybe he just loves you. I wish I got roses" Tara mumbled, smelling the flowers, pleased with them.

"Your boyfriend makes you breakfast and checks the oil in your car. Mine is gone before the sun comes up"

"You have a point. What do you think he did?"

"I'll find out" I smiled, and she nodded before she was pulled out of my office by the receptionist. I looked back at the roses, admiring them.

You: thank you for the roses, they're beautiful. What did you do? x

Matt: about time you got to work ;) I did nothing, I just love you, sometimes x
CEO. Sturniolo & Co- Matt

You: oh sh...well thank you, the feeling is mutual x